Holiday Grand Plan 2023...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It is SO funny that you guys are talking about the layered salad because a few weeks ago I hit on doing one of those for the gluten free dinner we will host.

My layer plans were Iceberg/Romaine mix, Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper, Chopped Hard Boiled Egg, Chopped Bacon, Diced Red Bell Pepper, Green Onions, Shredded Sharp Cheddar.

Then I plan to top with my Creamy Parmesan Dressing in a thick layer, bringing it all the way to sides of bowl to “seal” in the layered ingredients.
OH, also a good one. I am going to have to try this one too. A good one to make ahead and enjoy when we have had a busy day

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did get the guest room done today with the exception of vacuuming the mattress, I already had the bed made. I will do it later after is used again in October.

I also have my lists done except for the Freezer and Pantry inventory.

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got the Freezer and Pantry inventory done. Yay! DH and I discussed that we would do a winter stock up so if/when we get the big cold snowy winter they are predicting we won't have to leave the house because we need food.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I got the Freezer and Pantry inventory done. Yay! DH and I discussed that we would do a winter stock up so if/when we get the big cold snowy winter they are predicting we won't have to leave the house because we need food.
I got my pantry done, for the most part, and an inventory of what I've got in there. This has helped me create a "stock-up" list, for when things go on sale, and I'm not overbuying on things (baking goods, primarily) that I have plenty of. Tomorrow I'll tackle the freezer.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
With the record heat over the last several days I have not gotten very far on cleaning the windows. It was just too hot to open them!!!

We also have continued to have a lot going on. Between cross country practices and meets, DH's mother and so on and so forth.

I did manage to dust the blinds of the windows in the master bedroom. I also went ahead and cleaned out/organized the living room closet. Much happier with it now!

Hoping to get front porch rockers washed and back on porch tonight! It has cooled off so maybe some window duty.

I am happy to say that I have finally completed my holiday menu planning and Master Holiday Grocery List with non perishable and perishable items. Except for baking. I still have to make up my mind about that.

I need to give some thought to stocking stuffers so that I can start buying them each week on the HGP.

I also need to pick which days I am going to do what recipes for the freezer. Then I know when I have to have certain ingredients purchased by. I will start my freezer cooking sessions Labor Day weekend - making things that will be used around Halloween / Thanksgiving time. By the time I get to October my freezer sessions will be for Christmas - cookies, meals, etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got my pantry done, for the most part, and an inventory of what I've got in there. This has helped me create a "stock-up" list, for when things go on sale, and I'm not overbuying on things (baking goods, primarily) that I have plenty of. Tomorrow I'll tackle the freezer.
This is on my to do list. Both freezers are fairly packed so I know I need to use some things up. At this stage can't even fit ice creams in there!
I need to also tidy up the stockpile ready to add Summer foods.

I also need to pick which days I am going to do what recipes for the freezer. Then I know when I have to have certain ingredients purchased by. I will start my freezer cooking sessions Labor Day weekend - making things that will be used around Halloween / Thanksgiving time. By the time I get to October my freezer sessions will be for Christmas - cookies, meals, etc.

AJ, so very organised. I would like to get some ready to go Summer meals in the freezer especially for days when I wrap or have a heavy HGP day. Something I really need to get to.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It took me longer than I thought it would but I have deep cleaned the ensuite bathroom. I am not even sure of where that room is on the schedule but felt like doing it today and it is done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The 7 layer salad I make has a layer of lettuce, frozen peas, boiled eggs, green onions, green peppers, bacos, topping (like Jody's miracle whip and sugar) and then shredded cheddar cheese on top.

At a reunion one time, somebody brought it with tomatoes in it and a different topping. I liked my topping better.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
This past week I started on the kitchen. Washed and de-greased kitchen cabinets. That Dawn Powerwash made cleaning those cabinets next to and over the stove so much easier, Went through the cabinets and got rid of opened and stale bag of chips, out dated snacks and stuff something was bought, tried and really didnt like. Today I plan on decluttering/reorganizng the counter tops and will pull out the Halloween Coffee Mugs :)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
This past week I started on the kitchen. Washed and de-greased kitchen cabinets. That Dawn Powerwash made cleaning those cabinets next to and over the stove so much easier, Went through the cabinets and got rid of opened and stale bag of chips, out dated snacks and stuff something was bought, tried and really didnt like. Today I plan on decluttering/reorganizng the counter tops and will pull out the Halloween Coffee Mugs :)
I’m not familiar with the Powerwash! Is it located with the dish soap? I’ve battled the cabinets above my stove since we moved here.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I absolutely LOVE Dawn Powerwash!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yes, it is with the dish soap, it comes in a spray bottle.
Test a small unseen spot if using the Powerwash, I used some on some old cabinets and it took off the finish.image.jpg