Gift Closet 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Shopped the thrift shop today, found 3 paperbacks for my son at 50cents each.
While waiting for my husband for lunch I stopped in the gift shop, found beanie hats with a headlamp. About blinded myself while trying the lights lol. Got one for husband and son.
Ordered 2 1st edition signed Robert Parker books (both Jessie stone) for my husband. Ordered 2 1st edition signed James pattterson books for my son. I think all the signed books will be for next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Popped into the supermarket and picked up a few more stocking fillers. Got coffee, caramel and vanilla milk flavourings that will be nice for in milkshakes for over the Summer. Might pop in some paper straws and a voucher for a tub of ice cream to be purchased separately.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got DH some Powerade powder so he can make his own Powerade drinks. Got Mum a puzzle book and a pen for a gift that I am doing for her.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I made my first purchase of the Christmas season. I got the last bottle of moisturizer for my dd from Walmart. I need to find a few more since this is a requested item from my other dds too. Thankfully, starting now will give me enough time to get them all.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I saw a really cute pair of earrings in the shape of a rainbow. Got them for DD, I am sure that she will love them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to a gourmet supermarket and got almond biscotti for DSIL. Found some blocked chocolate and a few other treats at the large department store to put in DB and DH stockings. The Cadbury's chocolate advent calendars have gone up from $5 last year to $7 this year. I will need to decide if this is something that I am willing to pay.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Bought hot sauce that my son likes and some mason jars for his hot sauce making kit. Ordered jar weights, self burping lids and something else I can’t remember for fermenting. Re Ordered a movie for my husband. Had been on back, order then canceled, then not not available for months. It’s part of a set so I hope I get it this time. Ordered summer weight pj pants for my husband hoping they are what he was wanting. Those will be for his birthday.
Not sure what I’m going to do if anything for advent calendar. Last years was a total bust, not worth what I spent on it.

Reactions: luludou

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I went yesterday and got body wash shampoo and conditioner deodorant paper towels toilet paper Clorox wipes, and washing powder. I’m making a box up for my son and gs . I will give them other gifts but things like that always seem to run out. I like to give some things that is useful, and they always seem to enjoy that..

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I like to give some things that is useful, and they always seem to enjoy that..
Faye - Great idea! DS and DDIL are VERY into useful so I always do things like shampoo, lotions, etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Faye - Great idea! DS and DDIL are VERY into useful so I always do things like shampoo, lotions, etc.
I too buy things for the kids that are useful. I put in some little cleaning wipes for DD's glasses, deodorant, gradual tanner, iced tea satchets ibuprofen, band aids, sunblock, insect repellent, any thing that I think may be useful and also stocks up for them.

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
About 1/2of my son’s gifts are useful things. In his mind you can never have too much paper products (toilet paper etc), personal care items, cleaning supplies and quick and easy food (boxed Mac & cheese, canned beef stew) for busy days. I always do a “care package” of cold medicine, zicam, Tylenol, ibuprofen etc. It includes canned and boxed chicken soup, crackers and Gatorade.

Reactions: luludou