Gift Closet 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have added several gifts to closet lately, Today, I got little ducks for Dgd 8 months, some home made soap for DS's GF and a movie and book poster of 100 ones to read or watch. a mug size hot plate, and a eyeglasses holder that looks like a kola for DD who visited Australia when she was in high school. Getting there.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It includes canned and boxed chicken soup, crackers and Gatorade.
This is a fabulous idea. Always hand to have cold and flu remedies on hand.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Haven't bought any gifts for christmas lately but did out more $ into the Christmas club. Starting next week Target is suppose to have some sales including dollar stocking stuffers and there is a Target 5 minutes down the road from where I work, I fore see some lunch time shopping trips LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did a bit of shopping yesterday. Got Gift cards for the boys and am glad that they are purchased. Got some marshmellow toasting forks for DD and DSIL and am thinking of making a smores pack for them for either Christmas or Easter. Got some stocking fillers, industrial hand soap, bbq matches, some command hooks. Little but useful things. Bought DH his planner for 2024

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ordered some kind of air pump thingy my son wanted along with the jack Ryan tv series dvds and some bourbon smoked black pepper. Christmas lottery tickets go on sale this week, will pick them up when I’m out.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Everyone is doing well except for DH.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I spotted a few bargains at the shops so grabbed them as a start for stockings fillers for next year. Toothbrush and toothpaste combo in a tube for $3.00 so picked up 4, 1 each for DH, Mum, DS and DD. The use by date is 2027 so can live quite happily in the gift closet for next year. I am hoping to see if there is anything interesting that I can pick up for either Easter or Christmas 2024 and get a jump start on next year. When we move to the farm the shopping options will be fewer so will need to be aware of that.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm behind. I need to buckle down. I've gotten "some" items but overall have been very careful not to pull the trigger on anything big yet cuz every year lists change. Tastes change. Priorities change. Especially with teenagers. Every. Year. It kills me. And this year is no different. This Month's lists are very different from last months. But I'm honing in...... and now I've reached the point where I need to bolt. At least for the candy and American Eagle PJs. Also candles switch over at Bath & Bodyworks on Black Friday to "Christmas Scents" from "Autumn Scents" -- and we are a Cinnamon Family so need to get those picked up when they go on sale next week.

I've laid out my lists and now have a desperate urge to get out there in the early morning and make things happen. At least for the stockings. That will then frustrate me when I don't find what I'm looking for and then I'll be completely ready to pull online orders. :).

A few digital items are on my list this year:
1. Apple One - for the Family. Cuz we are paying a fortune for individual plans.
2. Calm App -- for the Family.
3. Passion Planner Digital Version for iPad -- for me and DD. Already pulled the trigger on a half off a few days.. It will likely come around again later in the month near Back Friday. Will probably order some fun Etsy digital stickers to go with it.

Also looking at the Hot Sauce Gift pack at Costco. That might happen.
And a map of the National Parks -- where you fill in the photo of the ones you have been to.

Oh Sweet PumpkinPy -- Command Hooks! Good one!!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I’m down to just needing to buy DH goff. Picked up the gift cards and grandchildren treats.
Also have picked up rest of items for DD and her husband food gift basket,(breakfast) and other DD’s birthday gift basket. Need to find a basket for DH parents food basket. Thought I had one but not everything is going to fit into it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just did an online order with Bath and Body works. Black Friday deal buy 3 get 3 free. Got some items for DD and have gotten 2 items that I will put away for Mum's birthday in May.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That is great Rose. The lavender wax sachets sound interesting. How do you use them?

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
That is great Rose. The lavender wax sachets sound interesting. How do you use them?
You use them like you would pkg sachets—hang them in your closet, put them in your drawer with your clothes or sit them out in the open. You just have to wrap them in tissue if putting them in your drawer to protect your clothes from the wax. First time making them.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Wrapped the fist two Hanukkah gifts for Josh and Jin and let them take them when the left. The first gift is a new menorah and candles so they kind of have to have it for the first night.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You use them like you would pkg sachets—hang them in your closet, put them in your drawer with your clothes or sit them out in the open. You just have to wrap them in tissue if putting them in your drawer to protect your clothes from the wax. First time making them.
Thanks Rose. I will google them. This is something that I would be interested in making.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I am finished shopping. If I happen to see something extra fine (not that we need anything else). I did order a few pieces for my husbands Christmas village over the weekend for 2024. If the other pieces I still-want are still available the end of December I’ll order them.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have a few things in my 2024 gift closet. Birthday gifts for January and February birthdays. Right now I have aunts and uncles asking what to get DNieces for Christmas.