Are your note books in order?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
ChristmasRose I found them in Staples or Office Depot in the binder aisle by the regular size sheet protectors. They were kind of lost in the shuffle but I did find them. I haven't bought them yet but plan to later this week or over the shopping weekend!!

DebbieG, I thought you looked familiar.I do flaylady as well. And I highly recomend it as well. When I actually do stick to my routines I am sooo much better!!!

I printed all of the dividers for the notebooks. I printed out the Grand Plan and added that in there as well. As I go through each season/holiday I will be adding. I only did black and white as I am trying to be very simple. I have a HUGE 4 inch binder that I keep everything in so it is in one place. My Control Journal is in there as well.

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
This is the first year I did the notebook, I got the idea from the oc but since nov. dec. I really haven't paid any attention to it.....I feel horrible b/c it had so many ways to keep things in check...I know I will be better next year. I already feel better this year from last but its the organizing that needs to take place. I agree with the dividers...I don't have any and its too frustating when I can't find what I am looking for.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
:slap: I misplaced my 1/2 binder I keep with me always- well obviously not always if I lost it- it has- my labels, gift lists, to dos, recipes we are making- :eek:

I am sure I will find it this weekend-- luckily most everything is done and I know what I need to do and i can look up the other things- BUT it would be nice to work on now

:thud:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
:applause:
This is my second year with the Christmas Notebook and I feel like I'm even more organized. You know, once you do a thing, it gets easier the next go round. :grin:

::eek:rnament:
I didn't know there could be so many notebooks for so many subjects, but reading all these posts have inspired me to be organized in other areas, too.

:skate:
I'm sitting down to re-write in my notebook how I just did my cookies. Because this year I made up a bunch of batches and some I baked and some I wrapped in wax paper till the next day. And even after I baked, I froze some for later! I was kind of like my own assembly line. It was fun. Except my poor tired back! :frown:

But I'm resting now and BOY the Christmas cookies tasted ... GOOD! :haha:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Don't worry ripleysmine....we will do a notebook debriefing in January and you can hear how others have set up their notebooks and changed them over time....each one is unique and it has to work for you so there are no rights and wrongs with a notebook.

So anyone interested in setting up or reworking your notebooks....see you in January!!!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
mamabear said:
DebbieG, I thought you looked familiar.I do flaylady as well. And I highly recomend it as well. When I actually do stick to my routines I am sooo much better!!!

I printed all of the dividers for the notebooks. I printed out the Grand Plan and added that in there as well. As I go through each season/holiday I will be adding. I only did black and white as I am trying to be very simple. I have a HUGE 4 inch binder that I keep everything in so it is in one place. My Control Journal is in there as well.

Hi mama bear; where do I know you from? TDD?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Everyone who has a Christmas notebook is at their own level of organization. So many of the people on this board are talented and gifted, and share with us and encourage us! Thank you to them.

I saw my Christmas notebook a couple of weeks ago. I keep it in my "office/guest room" which is not completely organized yet.
I opened my Christmas notebook. It has all the forms neatly printed out, in clear plastic protectors, and organized. Unfortunately, nothing is written on the forms.
Also, unfortunately, all the forms are for the calendar year 2006.
Now my Christmas notebook seems to have sunk below the surfaces in the room.I may have thrown things on top of it.
So - I've lost it again.

However, I have very high hopes for an even better Christmas note book this year.
:sleigh:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
I hit it lucky last month at the laundrymatte because someone brought in all sorts of Christmas magazines, some dating from 2006. I "nipped" 4 of them and added all kinds of decorating and cookbook ideas for my tear files. I have also inventoried my gift drawers. I am coming into my busy season with work where my earnings increase substantially so I have plans to add alot to the ongoing Walmart card I have for holiday purchases. I buy alot of appliances for oldest DS and wife, and toys for GD, so this card comes in handy.
I just keep plugging away at it.

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
It's a rainy day here in Vancouver, I've been working on the tear files for my holiday binder since the beginning of the Holiday Grand Plan is just around the corner, as well as the beginning of the Christmas countdown.

wantabe

Retire Member
Jan 11, 2008
Southwest Georgia
I have everything printed out and in order--just need to start my list of what I want to get done in each area..I guess I need to get started on that!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
:party: Last year was my first on this program and one thing I learned was....

A 1 inch Notebook IS NOT thick enough!!
I have recently graduated to a 2 inch notebook and my dividers are all set up and ready. I printed out the new pages (Thanks CEO) and added extra ones while making my former 1 inch binder into a notebook for my SIL. Last year was the first time in 20 years of marriage that all the gifts were wrapped and ready in advance of Christmas Eve and DH and I didn't have to stay up till midnight finishing up. He commented that it was nice not having to work so hard on Christmas Eve!!

snowowl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
After a nasty year (most of 08 has sucked) I will be happy to get into the Christmas spirit, not the liquid kind :frown: Not having been around much so far I am looking forward to getting started for 08'. I am going to start this next weekend (long weekend) and work on my notebook.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Snowowl -- it is so great to have a long weekend to being a fabulous project -- such as getting ready for the fun season in '08!!

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
Not in that great of shape, but not too bad either. I keep most of my "lists" as an excel spread sheets anyway. That way I can store the info on a flash drive and use it wherever there's a computer. My dream is to get a cell phone with office capabilities so I can store/work with the spread sheets anywhere, but as of right now they're more than I'm willing to pay for. DS works for AT&T so he's keeping a lookout for me a good deal!

I have a very large (somewhat unorganized) tear file that I hope to someday have scanned and stored in electronic files for less clutter and easier to locate files.

Maybe after the first of the year I can get it closer to what I want it to be.