Are your note books in order?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
So how is everyone doing with their notebooks? are you all ready for the holidays?
Have you made your List and checked them twice?
Do you know who has been naughty or nice?
Are the stockings to be made ready to hang by the chimney with care ?
Or are you panicked now that Santa soon will be here?

Then its time to get the note books in order!
So what have you done to get your books in order this month? :rotflol:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
This is my first year with any notebooks and I am sooooo enjoying it! I eagerly await each new week in the Christmas countdown! I try not to print the pages until I have everything almost completed for the current week as I don't want to skip ahead and get overwhelmed! I feel so much further ahead this year, already-Thanks to my notebook and The Countdown at OC!

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I am still so overwhelmed with the notebook idea. I think it may be too late for me strat for Christmas, but I plan to start with the holiday recipes in January. Reading all of your posts really gets me on track right now.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My notebook is as finished as it's going to get this year. I'm pretty happy with it though. This is also my first year doing the notebook or CC. It's helped alot and i'm almost completely finished for Christmas.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
My Christmas Notebook is looking good but I need to update lists, rearrange the whole Houseworks Holiday section, and really look at a couple forms to see if I want to keep them...I REALLY need to get my calendars updated and dates for my two holiday parties listed. Want to get my master baking and party list made...then I can start picking up stuff.

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
My notebook is in order, and colored. I enjoy making the list and the brainstorming on what I would like to give. I have to arrange the shopping to paydays, but beyond that I'm having fun.
:package:

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
My notebooks are in order, they're beautifully organized. It's me who needs a boot up the backside!

I'm way ahead on some things and others I'm way behind. Mostly the cleaning. Since moving over the summer I've left things in boxes (in nearly every room) and I just can't get motivated! I've decorated for fall and Halloween and I will pull off Thanksgiving and Christmas like I always do. I think I'm too much of a perfectionist and want everything like a magazine home.

Glittery side-note: DH says Home Depot has decor, trees, and holiday music going on!

:globe:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My notebook is my life. I would be lost without it. I have everything printed that I need and in the right sections,so everything is easy to find.

:snowman: Melanie

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Scarlett said:
I am still so overwhelmed with the notebook idea. I think it may be too late for me strat for Christmas, but I plan to start with the holiday recipes in January. Reading all of your posts really gets me on track right now.

Perhaps you should try Fly lady this year the control journal is already ready to print out and you can start where your at right now it's a free down load and it's a good start for a first timers that are running late and over whelmed.

http://flylady.com/pages/control_journals.asp

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
What I finally did with my notebook this year, is in the dividers, I've put in the labels stating what each section is. LOL
Such a little thing, but those divider tabs have been blank for years and it was about time that I labeled them.
One of these days I'll do a little more decorating of my notebook.

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
This is the first year I am using the notebooks. Still working on getting them set up. Adding things as they come up. My stocking gift section is the one that surprised me. I have that completely done. I didn't think I would have enough to put in there. My decorating section is overflowing with ideas as is my gift section. I have a seperate notebook just for recipes. I am starting a section for entertaining ideas. I am also setting up a list for blogs and websites that are suggested. Getting my Thanksgiving one ready for the countdown. I am woking on getting more of the cleaning plan into my notebooks. I am following the plan just have not gotten it written down. :globe:

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
Since I haven't had a BIG Christmas in a few years I haven't done a notebook yet. I can get away with a master gift list and Christmas card list. But I love to find ideas for organizing and gift ideas. Maybe one we will have a big Christmas again and I can try the notebook idea. LOL

:jack:

:grin: Receipt notebook (mini brag book) is designated and started
:grin: Holiday Notebook is set up from last year I just have to copy some of the forms I have for this year in my reference binder. I can't print out "2007" forms since my computer is still at the doctors :huh:
:grin: I purchased 2 mini binders at the Goodwill for 75 cents each. One is for the Elf Journal (mini elves need a mini binder I figured) and the other is being allocated for next year's "recipe trials" on GP, turkey and Rudy days.
:huh: I have also allocated a binder for next year's Recipe Notebook countdown with Gingerbug and ConnieAngela
:huh: I believe I have another zipclose binder in my shed that I want to dig up for my house management binder
:haha: The binder frenzy has extended to my boys and they have their own student control journals from flylady all set up and I am loving it, it keeps them more organized and helps me out alot!!!

:applause: overall I am pretty satisfied with my progress. Next year I hope to add some more notebooks :confused: Am I crazy or what??
But I hope to find a place for my sewing lessons goal and maybe take a few craft classes also so I hope to add a Sewing/Craft/Scrapbooking binder to my "collection"

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
:pilgrim: My Halloween Notebook has been completed for some time (good job).

:smile: My Christmas Notebook is pretty much complete just a couple of alterations to do to my decoration plan.

:) My Household journal has been complete for some time now since joining the Organized Home site - probably due for some updating.

;) I have my Easter Notebook set up ready but will add more as it approaches.

:( Have nothing at all prepared for the Recipe Notebook that Connie Angela is running next year.

I'm pretty pleased with my progress so far, when my home office is done next year I am hoping to be even more organized. I too have passed on my love of Notebooks to my daughter who has made one for school with the help of Melinda's site.

:globe:

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I have had my notebook for about 12 years, My sister gave me two little photo albums that she got on clearance for .66 each so I am going to alter one for a CN that is portable. I usually have a tote bag with me or a large purse. So I could Take it with me. It's about am 8 x 4 it's a long one that holds 4 x 6 photos with a little area to write on, and plastic covering the photo part.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
christmascreations said:
:grin: Receipt notebook (mini brag book) is designated and started
:grin: Holiday Notebook is set up from last year I just have to copy some of the forms I have for this year in my reference binder. I can't print out "2007" forms since my computer is still at the doctors :huh:
:grin: I purchased 2 mini binders at the Goodwill for 75 cents each. One is for the Elf Journal (mini elves need a mini binder I figured) and the other is being allocated for next year's "recipe trials" on GP, turkey and Rudy days.
:huh: I have also allocated a binder for next year's Recipe Notebook countdown with Gingerbug and ConnieAngela
:huh: I believe I have another zipclose binder in my shed that I want to dig up for my house management binder
:haha: The binder frenzy has extended to my boys and they have their own student control journals from flylady all set up and I am loving it, it keeps them more organized and helps me out alot!!!

:applause: overall I am pretty satisfied with my progress. Next year I hope to add some more notebooks :confused: Am I crazy or what??
But I hope to find a place for my sewing lessons goal and maybe take a few craft classes also so I hope to add a Sewing/Craft/Scrapbooking binder to my "collection"

Go over to the oc and way down at the bottom there are 3 more sites listed OEG CHR ORG HOME, and ORG scrap and ORG sewing on the sewing site they have printibales for you guessed it a sewing note book

Thanks for the info. I am still hunting down a place to actually reteach me to sew. Plus have my grandmothers sewing machine looked at and tested. If it is no good I will have to save money for a new one. Once I acomplish that then I will have to add a new binder to my collection...lol

I did pick up at WalMart the 2008 refill planner pages today that I will place in one of the mini binders I bought in the Goodwill Store. I paid 75 cents for the binder and almost $5 for the refill pages-go figure!!! I am still trying to find ready sized paper for the mini binders but no luck so far. I found the plastic sleeves ($4.99 for 35 sheets) so that is still on my next to buy list. I try to get one "office" related item for myself a week. I had to stop buying kitchen items-though kitchen stores and departments are a PURE weakness for me!!!

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
christmascreations, what size are your mini binders? I use a 5x8 binder frequently, and have been able to find the lined paper refills at Staples. They have the expensive refills by Daytimer, etc, but they also have the regular lined paper packages elsewhere in the store. You might have to ask where they are -- I did.

ChristmasRose said:
christmascreations, what size are your mini binders? I use a 5x8 binder frequently, and have been able to find the lined paper refills at Staples. They have the expensive refills by Daytimer, etc, but they also have the regular lined paper packages elsewhere in the store. You might have to ask where they are -- I did.
Yeah I believe mine are the same size. I will check out Staples later on today if I have time. Thanks for the heads up. I will have to ask because I didn't see them last time I was there. I did buy the refill planner pages at WalMart on Tuesday. Then I went to the Goodwill Store yesterday and bought another planner that's calendar pages were from 2004 but I can use the planner, list, and address pages in the mini binders(I paid $2 for it :grin: and paid almost $5 for the refill pages at WalMart :huh: ). This is why I try to scan the Goodwill Store every once in a while. Sometimes I think they are WAY overpriced but sometimes I can get a great deal.