April 202 Menu Plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
halimer- I really don't plan: M, T, Weds, Th., etc.
I more write a list saying: Here are the 4 things I have on hand to make then make them how it fits my schedule.
If I have meat in the fridge and I can't get to it, that's when that goes in the freezer (as long as it wasn't something I had defrosted).
Only when I 100% know I will be home, will I defrost something.

Here is what I have on hand for this week:
* Red Pepper Salmon patties
* Shrimp Scampi
* A chicken breast
* 2 small steaks
Save a shrimp or two and some steak to make a Steak and Turf sandwich too.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I think tonight is shrimp, perhaps with orzo.

Tomorrow is a baseball game so ballpark food

Wednesday I'm going out to dinner so DH can have leftovers from Saturday

Thursday is usually leftovers but I don't know what we will have. If there is nothing perhaps grilled cheese. I've read that the average person eats 36 grilled cheese a year and we are behind the curve. Or - patty melt!

Friday I will cook something - maybe chicken fried steak

Saturday - Chinese food

Sunday - prep for Monday Seder. I don't know what it will be but I will not be cooking it.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
halimer- I rarely, if ever, have a grilled cheese. So I am super behind the curve!!!

Guess I better put grilled cheese on the menu. Or Patty Melt! I haven't had one of those in years!

Reactions: halimer

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
halimer- I rarely, if ever, have a grilled cheese. So I am super behind the curve!!!

Guess I better put grilled cheese on the menu. Or Patty Melt! I haven't had one of those in years!
Ok, I will jump on the grilled cheese wagon. I was thinking about them the other day.. I’ll be doing an Inside Out Grilled cheese Sandwich.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
We have them around here every so often. Nothing fancy, just buttered bread and American cheese. But I will say, the way I like them is to put ketchup, mustard, and a dill pickle in the middle of the grilled cheese! :p

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
We have them around here every so often. Nothing fancy, just buttered bread and American cheese. But I will say, the way I like them is to put ketchup, mustard, and a dill pickle in the middle of the grilled cheese! :p
Try it with mayo sometime. Yum. They're typically a fall/winter meal with tomato soup for me, but whenever I'm in a time crunch, grilled cheese is a quick go-to.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I see that I started a grilled cheese conversation. I like to put some provolone on mine along with the American cheese. Have sometimes done with tomato. Tried mayo but prefer to stay with the butter.

Great with any kind of soup.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
@halimer, after they're grilled, open it up and put a squirt of mayo inside.

Reactions: jampss and halimer

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I love grilled cheese! Using different cheeses makes them a little more interesting, but good no matter what!

I was a little lazy with the meal planning the last few weeks, but managed a plan for this week. It's flexing though. I went out to lunch today with a friend, so DH will have leftovers and we'll save tonight's pork chops for tomorrow.

Here's the revised schedule:

April 14 – 20
  • Monday ~ Linner-Cathouse Pizza
  • Tuesday ~ Grilled chicken breasts, chop salad
  • Wednesday ~ leftover ham and beans
  • Thursday (La Palmera with Kathy) ~ leftover soft taco for DH
  • Friday ~ Pork chops, chop salad
  • Saturday ~ Corn chowder
  • Sunday ~ Salmon patties

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This coming week is going to be a strange one, from the cooking standpoint. My DBIL is coming in for a medical appointment and some class reunion events, and we've added on a family funeral. He'll be staying with me Weds. thru Sat. AM, but I don't have a clue whether he'll be here for lunch or dinner each day. So, I don't know if I'm cooking for one or two. If I'm cooking for just me, I tend to go easier on the prep, since presentation is not an issue. But with houseguests, for me, it adds more stress, even while doing more prep. So, here's my tentative menu, knowing it will likely change when I get more details.

April 21 - 28, 2024
Sunday:
cottage cheese, fruit plate, toast
Monday: burgers on grill, roasted potatoes, coleslaw or sliced tomatoes
Tuesday: 1/2 pork roast (from freezer), sweet potato, coleslaw, apple cobbler
Wednesday: lasagna, salad, garlic bread
Thursday: grilled chicken, veggie skewers, salad
Friday: BBQ chicken pizza, salad
Saturday: Italian sausage on the grill, pasta salad (depending on what goes on after the fuenral)
Sunday: steak on grill, salad, baked potato

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
So, here's my tentative menu, knowing it will likely change when I get more details.
Life - wonderful life - always throws us curve balls which is what makes planning so difficult.

Hang in there!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm starting my spring/summer salads for lunches next week.
I always start with what we named "The Salad."

It is: Greens, chicken breast, chopped celery, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, candied pecans (or walnuts),
blue cheese crumbles and poppy seed dressing. A small bit of chives is lovely too. Or add in of diced avocado.

For dinners: Found a recipe for turkey meatloaf and egg roll bowls.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh, your salads sound so good @AnnieClaus !!

DH place an order for Omaha Steaks and stuff recently that came last week, so I am meal planning around them. Tonight is steak and a potato au gratin thingy they have. I will also make a salad.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Meal In A Bag!
Enjoyed this video!!

• Love
Reactions: luludou and halimer

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Baseball season is over. We'll have several senior events to go to in the next few weeks. For the first time in months, we have almost an entire week of which we'll be home at night for meals.

4/22 - 4/28
Monday - trip to Monroe to return a package at the Fed-ex office. Fast food somewhere
Tuesday - Shrimp Scampi, Salad
Wednesday - Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches, Soup (I have bread that needs to be used)
Thursday - Soft Tacos, Spanish Rice
Friday - Beef Tips, Rice, Roasted Carrots
Saturday - Ribs, Baked Beans, Roasted Potatoes
Sunday - Beef Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tonight is Italian Chopped subs and chips
Tomorrow is Seafood Soup
Day after is Japanese Rice Bowl
Except I just realized Wednesday we will have a trip to Mayo for DD appointment with the Brain Injury Rehab doctor so LC, DD and I will be full from our lunch at Victoria’s.
Oh, DD just reminded me he will be golfing tomorrow so DD and I will probably have take out.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thursday - Omaha’s Hot Dogs Ceasar salad

Friday - pizza, salad

Saturday - Dinner Out

Sunday - Sausage Balls, Omaha’s Lemon Tarts

Monday - Hamburger

Tuesday - Tuna Salad

Wednesday - Steaks, Alfredo Noodles, Veggies

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I came home from Aldi's and chopped green pepper, cucumber, onion, garlic and tossed them with balsamic vinegar and olive oil to be a topper of our salads. Then I put some pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, bacon bits into a container and tossed them for more toppings. I will add shredded cheese and croutons to the Romain and Kale and add dressing. Oh, yeah, and I did pick up sweet cherry tomatoes, too!