Wrapping party #3 25th September 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
1695676038550.png

The third wrapping party of the year also coincides with September Rudy Day so plenty of opportunities for some Christmas prep.

Do you wrap stocking fillers? I will be wrapping stocking fillers pretty soon so I have pulled out my stockings in preparation for that day. I have checked them and they are in good condition, amazing really as we have been using them for the last 15 years or so. Good quality home crafting really will stand the test of time.

Have you thought about how and where you will be storing wrapped gifts? I generally store them in my craft room and last year it was a real mess in there. I have adjusted my HGP plan and have tidied the craftroom early this year so when I wrap I will have an organised and tidy area to store things.

Over the last 2 years or so I have stored the wrapped gifts in those very large blue bags that you get from IKEA. I have one for each household, DD and DSIL, Mum and DB, one for DH and I and one for DS. The beauty of using these is they are large, very sturdy and have handles that make transporting them very easy.

I am looking forward to moving ahead with plans so that when Christmas 2023 is here I will be in good shape to sit back and enjoy all that the season brings. I hope that you too are enjoying some progress with your plans.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Finally bought some wrapping paper! I read somewhere that we may have a wrapping paper shortage this year - no idea why?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Finally bought some wrapping paper! I read somewhere that we may have a wrapping paper shortage this year - no idea why?
I posted it on another thread. The manager of our local Party City store said they're not getting regular shipments of wrapping paper and bows. Said Target and WalMart were also experiencing the same -- I'd been at Target before going to Party City. Target's selection was equally pathetic. The manager said she didn't know why, either, but said that she had no idea when they'd get another shipment. I was looking for an oversized blue or green bow for a birthday gift, they only had one available, and it was red. If it's like this for regular giftwrap, she said she has no idea what to expect fo rthe holidays.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I haven’t been in another stores but here DT had a nice selection of bows. I find their non seasonal paper always a bit iffy. There were no cellophane bags for gift baskets which I was looking for.
I have a few things that came in the mail yesterday to be wrapped, other wise I’m caught up. Gifts are stored in plastic totes/bins with lids so I can stack them. All my receipts are tossed in those bins too so I know where to find them if needed.
I stopped using ribbon when Myron started eating it years ago so the bins are easy to pack. I’ve never started using it again since he died.
Some time closer to Christmas we will bring the bins upstairs and store them in the office. So much easier than hauling all the gifts up the steps on Christmas Eve.
The only thing that goes in our stockings are lottery tickets. I used to put candy and stuff in them but seems like a waste. The boys are happy with just the tickets. Christmas lottery tickets go on sale 10/8 here. I’ll store them in a bin with the rest of the gifts until I start decorating then I’ll stuff stockings.

Reactions: halimer and Lori K

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gifts are stored in plastic totes/bins with lids so I can stack them. All my receipts are tossed in those bins too so I know where to find them if needed.
This is a very clever idea. Something for me to think about for next year. TFS

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Stocking fillers are wrapped and stored in the Santa sacks in the spare room. I can add to them if I find anything over the next few weeks. Got some interesting things in there this year. Always looking for great ideas for stockings. Time to start thinking about what I might be able to find for next year.

Last edited: