Word of the Year-2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I want to be mindful with My time, what I eat, how I spend (need to pay off debt again...)
Shannon, I wish you luck with your journey. I think mindful is a terrific word.

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I am struggling with three words: Hope, renew, and cultivate. Then I thought of a phrase: Through renewed hope, I can cultivate the life I want. I was inspired by the phrase that was given earlier when someone else had three words.

I may end up with that phrase, just not 100% sure yet.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I had tossed around the word non-judgemental earlier (see above), but have discounted that one. I think I'm going with intentional -- making my words and actions in 2024 intentional, with purpose and working toward my goals for the year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I had tossed around the word non-judgemental earlier (see above), but have discounted that one. I think I'm going with intentional -- making my words and actions in 2024 intentional, with purpose and working toward my goals for the year.
Lori. I love intentional. What a great word and philosophy for the year ahead.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I believe the word I will choose for '24 is Doer. Not an overwhelming word, but a very simple one that explains.
I am the only one who can change what I do to my body, the things I choose to do with my life, house, etc...... so in order to get back on top of some things that have gotten away I need to be the one!!!
I think of my plan in the a.m. and then seems like anymore I come home and I am tired or I get on the computer or...... anything else but my plan. Even if it turns out to be only one drawer I do and not all 4 one night it is better than nothing and like we know each little step will get us there!

Doer:
The person who does something
A person who actively does things rather than merely talking or thinking about them
A person who acts and get things done

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Prepared

I am enjoying reading everyone's words. I decided on: Prepared - made fit or suitable; adapted; ready; willing ... for whatever comes along in 2024.

holidaynut

Premiere Member
Dec 6, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
I think my word is going to be “healthy”, 2023 was the year that my poor eating habits, lack of exercise and motivation has caught up with me. Thanks to treating myself poorly I am now diabetic and have high blood pressure. I started 2023 with the only prescription I was taking was iron and ended with 4 more. I just ignored the warnings and now I need to be serious about my health!!!

Here’s to a healthier me is 2024

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I knew what direction I wanted to go, but it took me a couple weeks to decide on "Focus". With all my health issues in late 2022 and 2023, I've lost a lot of focus in all areas of my life. Because I don't feel the best or have the energy, I just haven't been able to gather my thoughts or start DOING things I want to do. I'm always coming up with ideas, but I don't execute anymore. I want to really focus on writing down my plans daily, making lots of to do list, menu planning weekly, and start using my control journal with my daily task list. I've definitely decided that I'm a write it down, get it done type of person. All those things have been put aside and I've just been living day to day...AND spending way to much time on social media looking at all kinds of cool things I'll never do unless I get off my phone. Keeping list in this group years ago, is really how I felt I was on the ball a lot of years and I miss that. Last year my word was Joy...and this kinda goes hand in hand. I want to really FOCUS on the things that allow me time to do the things that bring me joy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, I hope that this year is a great on for you and that you achieve all that you want.
Join us in posting in Weekly Wonders.. it certainly helps with set goals for the week.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Michelle, I hope that this year is a great on for you and that you achieve all that you want.
Join us in posting in Weekly Wonders.. it certainly helps with set goals for the week.
Thanks Katrina, I will look at that and see if it's something that will work for me once again.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@MinnieCo A lot of your words ring true for me … with DS’s health issues, I have just been in that survival mode.

So I am “prepared” for “doing” this year. Having dreams, ideas, plans, lists, goals, steps, and executing. :)

And being thankful for the accountability on MHH.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have been thing long an hard about this and I keep coming back to PEACE.

Peace in my home ... less clutter,more organized. and purge what we don't need, want or is broken. Stop trying to do it all and stay on top of delegating things/chores to other family members. In the past couple years I let things get away from me either we were too busy or I was just feeling to lazy.

Peace with my Health - have had gallbladder issues for years, got tired of feeling like crap. Getting Gall bladder out, just waiting on hospital to call with surgery date. DH and I are working on our diet and eating habits. More water, More protein and more fruits/veggies. Talked to our family dr about working with a nutritionist/dietician as DH is pre-diabetic and he wants to avoid medication for that. DH and I are talking about expanding the garden this year.

Peace with Me and my happiness. Spending more time doing what I love... Baking/cooking, reading, picking fresh fruits for jams and pie filling to can. I still do some but not as much as I want or used too. Stop putting myself last all the time and letting others take us for granted.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My "Prepared" WOTY ... I actually bought two things from Aldi's last Friday for stockings! I am not usually a person that shops this early.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
@MinnieCo A lot of your words ring true for me … with DS’s health issues, I have just been in that survival mode.

So I am “prepared” for “doing” this year. Having dreams, ideas, plans, lists, goals, steps, and executing. :)

And being thankful for the accountability on MHH.
Prepared is a great word. Basically that's what I'm saying too...Just being focused and actually DOING. Remember, we need to give ourselves grace though. Sounds like 2023 was a hard year for you too.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Stop putting myself last all the time and letting others take us for granted.
Good for you! One year, my actually word of the year was ME! For this exact reason. I wanted to focus on ME and put ME first the ENTIRE year and it was successful.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Good for you! One year, my actually word of the year was ME! For this exact reason. I wanted to focus on ME and put ME first the ENTIRE year and it was successful.
Thanks! My DH has been getting on me about always putting, myself last. He and the kids keep pushing me to do more for myself. Some habits are hard to break but I am working on that.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My "Prepared" WOTY ... I actually bought two things from Aldi's last Friday for stockings! I am not usually a person that shops this early.
Woo hoo! Well done