What Are You Reading Right Now?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Status
Not open for further replies.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
On vacation, I read: The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty.

Really enjoyed it!

Annie

I really liked it too. I plan to read more of her books. I have Big Little Lies downloaded from the library if I can get to it before it expires.

I'm currently reading All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I only have about 100 pages left.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Dahlia Doll- I read Big Little Lies as well. :)

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I heard All the light we cannot see is very good...I am currently half-way through "The Wright Brothers" by David McCullough-I highly recommend it.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I am reading THE LIFE CHANGING MAGIC OF TIDYING UP.
Recently I have read:
THE JOEY SONG
PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
THE HOT ZONE (revisited)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Just read Stitch In Time by Deb O (Debbie Obermeier). A local woman and this is her first book. Actually had a Christmas theme. I had no ideal what it was about and purchased it at the library when she had a signing a couple weeks ago. Hope she writes more and will continue the story.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just read Jodi Picoult's Leaving Time. It was really good and the ending surprised me, which is unusual.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I almost forgot; I also read THE SWEET HEREAFTER by Russell Banks. It is the 2nd book of his I have read & they have both taken place in the area where I live.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have really slowed down on the reading of late. I wanted to read 20 books this year and I think up to this stage I have read 4 or 5. I need to put down the electronic devices and get back to the joy of reading.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've read several since the last time I posted but don't have my list with me at the moment. Right now i'm reading Sense of Deception by Victoria Laurie in the Abby Cooper Psychic Eye series. The one before this was Magic and Macaroons by Bailey Cates.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I have read a book a day for the past 10 days, just finished reading a book on walking meditation - interesting.

My current book is on Yin Yoga.

Making a list of all your recommended readings, need a more 'entertaining' book :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm reading Spellcasting in Silk by Juliet Blackwell right now. I haven't been doing much reading lately but have a large list of books I want to read so I need to get busy. With everyone back in school and DH going back to work today I hope to have more time to read, at least until I start my Master's degree.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have read a book a day for the past 10 days, just finished reading a book on walking meditation - interesting.

My current book is on Yin Yoga.

Making a list of all your recommended readings, need a more 'entertaining' book

Interesting list … and you’re doing lots of reading! If you like “The Big Bang Theory” (TV), you might really enjoy The Rosie Project (think Sheldon) It’s very funny.

Books I’ve read over the summer:

• The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett
  • The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
  • All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
  • Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
  • The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Now reading: The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DJ- How did you like All the Light we Cannot See? It's on my list to read.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DJ- How did you like All the Light we Cannot See? It's on my list to read.

It's quite good. I gave it 4 stars (out of 5).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have just picked up a bunch of books from the library, I really need to get off the ipad at night and get back to reading.
I am currently reading "The Apple Orchard" by Susan Wiggs.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Still on the GOT (Game of Thrones) series. HE, how was the book on meditating?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I put down Spellcasting in Silk for a while and read If You've Got It, Haunt It, the first in a new series I found at the library and Purl Up and Die, the latest in a knitting series I've been reading. Now i'm back to Spellcasting in Silk.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Last night started reading 'Silver Linings" by Debbie Macomber. It is a continuation of her Cedar Cove series. An easy read and I am enjoying it.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Last night started reading 'Silver Linings" by Debbie Macomber. It is a continuation of her Cedar Cove series. An easy read and I am enjoying it.

Katrina,

I just finished this book the other day. Even with all the work we are doing here at the house, nothing will stop me from reading a new Debbie Macomber!!

She has a new Christmas book coming out this fall, it is called Dashing Through the Snow. I have a hold on it at my library - can't wait to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.