NYE ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Following on from the discussion about Christmas Eve baskets.
This year I am hoping to also do a quick NYE basket. We traditionally have Chinese food on NYE so am thinking of doing a basket with soft drink, fortune cookies, snacks, poppers or sparklers for midnight, apple cider for toasting and maybe a game or two. Am also thinking of asking my family to write a few goals on some paper and we will keep them to open the following NYE and see how we went.

What other easy ideas could I do to make a NYE basket interesting?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Will have to follow this fir ideas’ great idea

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I'd also include some NYE napkins and snack-sized plates, if you use them in lieu of regular. Perhaps some sparkly glasses for toasting. Maybe keep an eye for some silver or gold candles to use for decoration (I've been seeing many of these at the thrift store), and maybe print-outs of any recipes you want to use for the holiday -- keep them in the basket as a reminder and they'll be easy to grab when time comes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'd also include some NYE napkins and snack-sized plates, if you use them in lieu of regular. Perhaps some sparkly glasses for toasting. Maybe keep an eye for some silver or gold candles to use for decoration (I've been seeing many of these at the thrift store), and maybe print-outs of any recipes you want to use for the holiday -- keep them in the basket as a reminder and they'll be easy to grab when time comes.
Thanks Lori, terrific ideas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ginger Bread house decorating contest. Sometimes if we are to busy before Christmas to decorate the Gingerbread houses we will do them on NYE or NYD.
Oh, this is a great idea! TFS.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have given this a bit more thought but have not cemented ideas yet.
I have bought apple cider and I found some fortune cookies so they are stored away. Am looking for a suitably festive table cloth, looking for something white but with gold spots. If I can't I will use my white table cloth and either NYE napkins or red, yellow and green jewel colours to represent fireworks if that make sense and add colourful poppers and noise makers which I will get when I see them.
I'll sit at some stage and design a "goals" list to print out.
When tidying up I found a Happy New Year banner in black and gold so will hang that in my dining room