March 2024 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on the dining room hutch. I think that the actual hutch will be donated so I have to find a home for all that it houses. Some vintage china, some party wear all went to be donated.
I will ask DD if she would like a tennis set that was a wedding present to my Mum in 1962, also I have a cake server that she might like.
DH added some juggling cones and has a few cricket balls to give to DSIL niece.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Bags and bags of stuff to go to the Airman's Attic tomorrow!

The condo looks so empty with most of the furniture gone.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The condo looks so empty with most of the furniture gone.
A bittersweet feeling.
You are doing so well. I need to still off load 4 or 5 big pieces

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Indeed! It doesn't seem like ti but we've been wintering here for 20 years.
What made you decide that it was time to sell?

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
What made you decide that it was time to sell?
I have no friends down here and when we stayed home for two years - Covid and DH's hip - I really didn't miss it. Also, we could use the money we get from selling it for other things. Surprisingly it was not to hard to convince DH to sell.

For the next few years we will go somewhere warmer in the winter with our camper - maybe different parts of FL, out west (?), GA? for a change.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have no friends down here and when we stayed home for two years - Covid and DH's hip - I really didn't miss it. Also, we could use the money we get from selling it for other things. Surprisingly it was not to hard to convince DH to sell.
It makes perfect sense. If it no longer works for you then it is time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD came over and we went through every item in my wardrobe. Decided whether it was practical, where I would wear it etc. Decided to donate quite a bit. My wedding dress and the dress and shoes that I wore to DD's wedding made it to the pile.
I now have a very compact wardrobe full of just the things I love and will wear often.
DD took the tennis set, cricket balls and cake server.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yay! Good job!! The Minimal Mom's YouTube channel has de-cluttering clothes videos I enjoy watching. I thought I'd share her playlist with you.
Oh, TFS. I will sit and watch that this afternoon.
I now have quite a few fabric covered padded coathangers. Will sort through them and maybe keep the best 10 and the rest can be donated.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
All the old bills from 2023 not needed for taxes into the trash (to burn), some old seed catalogs are out the door.

Actually ran across 2 hoodies that where Teigan's for this past Christmas and some little stuff for stocking. So hoodies will go towards Easter (yikes already have stuff) and the little stuff will go towards her poster that I do for her at Christmas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD just sorted out 44 shirts from her closet. Maybe tomorrow we will look at her pants. Make that 45, she tossed in another.

Last edited: