Items You Didn't Know You Needed Until You Received Them

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I don't know about you but over the last few years, I've received items that I didn't know I needed until I received them. Some are practical like a canning funnel (use this to pour freshly ground coffee into jars with minmal spills), wireless earbuds (do housework and outdoor work while listening to a podcast or webinar from the pc or phone) and a folding platform ladder (painting, tree decorating, seating, holds portable grill for tailgating.)
1703603850603.png 1703604017205.png
Others feel like a luxury (flannel sheets and a down comforter in the winter, memory foam mattress topper, and a memory foam pillow.)

I'm always looking for gift ideas that are useful. Please share any ideas you may have.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I don't know about others, but where is that funnel from? I can NEVER get head space correct.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I don't know about others, but where is that funnel from? I can NEVER get head space correct.
Progressive International is the company that makes it. It's called Prepworks by Progressive Canning Funnel for Regular and Wide Mouth Jars. If you can find it in a local kitchen speciality store, it looks to be less expensive than what it would currently cost at Amazon.

I also thought of another gift - Darn Tough Vermont Socks. We buy the micro crew midweight hiking socks. We wear them year round. In the summer, our feet don't sweat when we are on hiking trips.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Received Air Tags from Josh and Jin. I'm sure that DH and I both need it so now I have to figure out how they work.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got a lovely bamboo tray with handles. I think I will use it for dinner in front of the TV and for moving things around, afternoon tea on the verandah. A lovely item.
I also got telescopic mini spatulas for getting every last drop of things out of jars. Great for mayonaise, jam etc.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Easy coffee refillable pods scoop
Fill it, flip it, small opening let’s coffee pour into pod. No more mess of coffee grounds on the counter!
IMG_9885.jpeg

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I just thought of another item. This battery organizer might be appreciated - Battery Daddy.

1703904521346.png

Reactions: halimer

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mary- I was just thinking about this yesterday to add this to my list, but couldn't remember what it was called to search for it! Thanks for posting!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Battery Daddy.
We've had one for a while and it's quite useful.

I can also see where the Air Tags will be useful. I put them on several of my keychains but it will be difficult getting DH to use them and he's the one that needs them.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We've had one for a while and it's quite useful.

I can also see where the Air Tags will be useful. I put them on several of my keychains but it will be difficult getting DH to use them and he's the one that needs them.
I received them too but haven't looked at how to make it work. I'm not an Apple girl so we have to see if we can use it on Android.

I think dh got it so I can put it on my cell phone. I always keep it on mute and the phone is set not to accept calls/texts from 9 pm to 7 am. Most of the time the phone is plugged in the charger but more often than not, I use my phone for a flashlight, lay it down and then forget where I put it. LOL! My phone has been found in the basement on a shelf, in the hall closet on a shelf and in the console of the car. :rolleyes:

I wonder if an Air Tag would survive being put in a bottle tossed at sea. That would be interesting to see where it goes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD and DSIL put air tags on the dogs when they go for a walk. That way if the dogs get a fright or wander off they can track them on their phones. Amazing technology.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DD and DSIL put air tags on the dogs when they go for a walk. That way if the dogs get a fright or wander off they can track them on their phones. Amazing technology.
That is really smart!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I bought air tags for dsil last year, for his keys. When he's ready to go somewhere, he can never find them. I think he lost the tags before he got them set up. ☹

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I bought air tags for dsil last year, for his keys. When he's ready to go somewhere, he can never find them. I think he lost the tags before he got them set up. ☹
That is such a shame. How frustrating for you.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
But, that is a great idea for the dogs.
Josh got something for Buffy called ByteTag. It is a small charm that they were on their collar that is linked to an app on my phone.