hello hello!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlfromthebog

MHH Member
Jun 3, 2023
NY
Hi everyone, i was feeling stressed out lately with work, so decided to start thinking about christmas! i've loved christmas since i was a kid, my mom was always big on decorating and so i am too. i'm an elder millenial, working mom to a 5 yr old boy (who was actually due on xmas, but arrived a couple of week late!) and we live in the Northeastern US where a "white christmas" is a 50/50 odds most years.

I started to set up my christmas planner recently, which is early even for me. I usually buy my first xmas present in august or september, but then i always end up scrambling to finish my list at the last minute! Our little family does full griswold and goes out to a tree farm to pick out and cut down our tree every year. :D still trying to convince my other half to go put lights on the outside of the house tho (he just hasnt fully embraced his inner clark yet!) looking forward to lots of xmas inspiration and ideas here this year :)

fun fact... i often catch my 5 yr old humming jingle bells, and i swear that's not my doing, he comes by the honestly! :D

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Welcome girlfromthebog.
You will love it here. You are just in time for Christmas in July where we have a special thread with themed content. Join us in the Chit Chat thread so we can get to know you better. Lots of chatter there daily.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welcome, girlfromthebog!!!

I'm in hot Louisiana where we NEVER get white Christmases.

There will be Christmas in July. Then, late August will start one of two cleaning/prep plans for Christmas.

You're here just in time! How you find lots of inspiration!

Reactions: Minta

girlfromthebog

MHH Member
Jun 3, 2023
NY
Then, late August will start one of two cleaning/prep plans for Christmas.
if you mean the House and holidays plan or the Holiday Grand plan - I'm in! i found those a few years ago :D I've already started planning out my calendar for the Fall for the HHP :) (and I'm set it up to do an initial round on a similar schedule over the summer too so i have less to do in the fall) :)

Reactions: Minta and missjane

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello and welcome from LI, NY.

Where in out great state would I find you?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hello and welcome. I am so pleased that you have joined us, there is always room for one more lol.

I am Katrina, I live in Australia so we have just hit Winter.
As the others have said we are heading into the busy time of year.....CIJ is big here and then I will start hosting wrapping parties from August to December. HGP is a big one for me and that starts in September.
We also have a monthly RUDY DAY party. Lots of things to do to celebrate the 25th of every month.
Enjoy!!!!!!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Greetings rom Chicagoland! I'm in the southwest 'burbs, but lived in Chicago proper for 35 years. There is a great group of people here and I trust you'll find what you need. Explore the site and you'll find virtually everything you need, as well as support for virtually everything you need. Loving the Rudy Day posts this year, and I'll begin the HGP around Labor Day (though it's rarely (if every) completed. Chime in. Glad you can join us!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Welcome from northeast NY. At first I thought your name was Girlfromtheblog & I was going to ask about your blog. LOL

girlfromthebog

MHH Member
Jun 3, 2023
NY
Hello and welcome. I am so pleased that you have joined us, there is always room for one more lol.

I am Katrina, I live in Australia so we have just hit Winter.
As the others have said we are heading into the busy time of year.....CIJ is big here and then I will start hosting wrapping parties from August to December. HGP is a big one for me and that starts in September.
We also have a monthly RUDY DAY party. Lots of things to do to celebrate the 25th of every month.
Enjoy!!!!!!
yay!! thank you to Australia for Bluey, its our favorite show around here :D

wrapping parties you say? hmm... i'm usually the mad dasher wrapping everything on xmas eve. every year i say i'll do better next year. maybe this is the year!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
i'm about an hour-ish north of the city ... close enough to head down there for some adventures, but far enough that we don't have many street lights or sidewalks :cool:
Sounds like a great place to be!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
wrapping parties you say? hmm... i'm usually the mad dasher wrapping everything on xmas eve. every year i say i'll do better next year. maybe this is the year!
Oh, I have been there believe me.
I will be posting the party dates around August so stay tuned!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Welcome from Florida!
0C11AC1E-8EA6-481D-8911-296952E8D8C5.png