Grocery list for Christmas 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I will be looking at my list this week to see what I need to start buying.
One thing I plan to do - when? - is put all my holiday recipes into a binder and then I'd be able to realistically figure out what I need to buy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be looking at my list this week to see what I need to start buying. I use a lot of cream cheese, cream soups, and sour cream during the holidays.
I find it a great benefit to know what I will be preparing over the holidays and be able to buy the ingredients early. It makes spreading the load so much easier.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One thing I plan to do - when? - is put all my holiday recipes into a binder and then I'd be able to realistically figure out what I need to buy.
This is a fabulous idea. I have my recipes written in my book but a master list of ingredients and the amount needed would be very helpful.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This is a fabulous idea. I have my recipes written in my book but a master list of ingredients and the amount needed would be very helpful.
I did this a number of years ago and I found it very helpful. I put it into my Christmas spreadsheet that I use for gift giving, tracking online orders, tracking what's been wrapped and holiday menus. It was a bit time consuming at first but the payoff is that each year I can pull up the spreadsheet and see every baking ingredient I use and how much I will need for baking alone. I then can check to see how much of that ingredient I have and make a shopping list from there. I also do this for Thanksgiving.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did this a number of years ago and I found it very helpful.
This is exactly what I talking about. I know that it would take a while to set up but then it would be so easy to refer to.
DH is a whizz at excel so I think he would help set it up for me.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul