Graphics?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
How do you add graphics in your posts? I've noticed on the "Welcome" board, y'all are posting with cute welcome graphics. I can't figure out how to do it..... I want some cuteness too.....

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
hmm, it is just part of the smilies collection I believe. BUT I think you have to have your 'viewing' set to html?

I figured it out by playing with the settings... maybe someone else could give you a WAY BETTER explanation?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Okay, maybe this was it:

Look up at the menu bar, there should be a User CP tab. Go there.

Next go into the left side bar where it says Settings & options.

Pick Edit Options.

Look at your settings for Thread Display Options & Message Editor Interface. HTH!

:clothes:

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
:smilegifts:
Yay! I made it work!! I made a change to the Message Editor Interface. I never would have looked there!

Thank you!!

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
graphics

the part that I don't understand is the last part I don't see anything for HTH-it also tells me that I have checked to get graphics and other things but I can't get it to work-woman

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
The way I have been adding the smilies is to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page when you are signed in and trying to reply or make a new thread. There is a little box on the left that says posting rules. My box says
bb code is on
smilies are on
IMG code is on
HTML code is off

When you click on smilies, the smilie window will pop up. It will show what code to type and the resulting graphic.
You have to type for example a colon elf and a colon to get an elf. :elf:

I hope this helps.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It does!!!!!!! I am :)!!!! Do you always have to type the words or is there a shortcut??? I love the icons.

Carol, good question, good question! Housewife and Jinglemom good answers good answers!!!

Last edited:

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
It does!!!!!!! I am :)!!!! Do you always have to type the words or is there a shortcut??? I love the icons.

I think I remember gingerbug saying we had to type the code for now since she hadn't figured out how to get it to just clicking on the picture like the old boards. Unless something has changed that I don't know of, I think you have to type the code.