Gift Closet 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Found a tin in clearance, it cost 63c. I will use it as a June birthday gift for DB and will fill it with his favourite choc bars and treats.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I just ordered a tee shirt $5, hoodie $20 and a surprise baggie for $5 for Teigan and a hoodie for Jaymee $20 for Christmas. Sunshine Sisters--Be Kind items. They were on sale. They do Tye Dye items. Jaymee could do these items so was iffy but I ordered. Was going to order for great nieces but they change sizes fast so.... t-shirts were 9.95 and at $5 and the hoodies were marked down.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got DS a manicure set, hair pomade, hair clay and beard oil from one of his favourite product line. 50%off this week at the supermarket.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ordered Frazier Blu-ray set for my son and some movies for husband.
picked up the stationary for my cousin for Christmas and fuzzy Easter socks for Easter. Once I finish the ornaments I’m making for her, she is done.
Made ornaments for the hair, nail, etc, etc people. Money is set aside for their Christmas tips.
This months Christmas club money will be for lottery tickets and chocolate, will go to the bank on Monday for that.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have a question. I notice many buy movies or DVDs. My children and grandchildren rely a lot on streaming and watching things with the other new streaming platforms. Do you find movies/DVDs still well received? DD30 and her DH rely on the new streaming platforms. DH and I still old school - with satellite television. How many of you have switched to one or more of the streaming platforms?

I put up all of the last payments for working with the memory patients to use for Christmas groceries. I'm almost at goal on that. Christmas club was opened in December. I signed back up for ibotta today. I'm rusty on using it. I'll have to remind myself how. I hope to use it for Christmas, too. I already had some in there.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We don’t have any kind of of internet access here like roadrunner etc. We use a router box that has “unlimited” data but when you reach a certain amount the speed throttles down and nothing loads. So streaming etc is impossible. My son streams but he still has special requests for dvds/ Blu-ray movies.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
have a question. I notice many buy movies or DVDs. My children and grandchildren rely a lot on streaming and watching things with the other new streaming platforms.
It's a good question.

DS (41) who does computer security recently took all his CD's and put them in the cloud - I don't know how - and tossed the actual CD's. I think streaming is the way most people are going. And, you can "buy" a movie from the TV and have it forever, in the cloud I guess.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not buying cd's and dvd's anymore - kids do streaming. I like dvds but don't like having to keep them and storing them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
CDs and DVDs all go to the library for me. DD has a few like True Blood and Twilight but not much more. Most everything can be found online now.

Reactions: luludou

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
While out running a few errands I stopped at a drugstore to grab something and this store still had a few Christmas bath type products on clearance. So I grabbed some lilac scented bath soak for me. Vanilla bean cream bath confetti for DGD next Christma and candied apple tart mini bath fizzers that DGD will get for her birthday
I don’t usually shop at this drugstore location as I have one just around the corner from me. Need to make a note in my planner to visit this location after Christmas to see what goodies they have on clearance.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I bought some special cooking salt for DSIL. I bought him some a few years back and he mentioned how much he liked it.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Went shopping for elastic and ended up Christmas shopping. Stopped at home goods because it was right there. Found whole pepper corns, Easter pasta and a seasoned sea salt grinder all for my son. Tuesday morning had gumbo soup mix. Personal care stuff and Easter hand soaps from bath and body works. More toilet paper, laundry soap, and shampoo from the grocery store.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Scored some greats for ME at Yankee candle over the weekend. LOL They had a 75% off clearance section that lot of goodies. I bought a lot of wax melts for the warmers. Pumpkin Spice and some Christmas Winter scents. They were around 60 cents each.

If you have a yankee store near you go check them out. You might some goodies to tuck away as gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I picked up some large Yankee candles at Spotlight (Hobby Lobby type shop) for 50% off. Got one for Mum and I to put away for Mother's day, Cinnamon swirl scent.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We don’t have a yankee candle close by. I’ve been catching them at kohls on clearance. The grocery store had them on clearance today when I went to pick up my script but they were 15.99. I’ve done better at kohls.
Used my kohls cash today for more socks for my son.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
i Like Yankee candles but it means a trip to the state to get them. Years ago we could order from them and have them shipped to Canada. Then they open stores here. Two years ago they closed all Canadian stores and will no longer ship to Canada. MIL really likes their room spray so we offer to grab some next time we head across the border.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to the big hardware shop near us yesterday and just had a look around. Picked a some small plastic pots that will be ideal for starting seedlings, they were 74c each so got DH 6 of those, 4 of the slightly bigger ones and the 2 of the slightly bigger ones again. I will maybe pop a gift card in and he can buy some potting mix or seeds.

Went to the chemist warehouse, Mum picked up some Adidas after shave for DS and I picked up a lip exfoliating tool for DD, I have a lip balm so I will put those together in her stocking.
Slowly but surely getting a few more things.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When we were away for the weekend we popped into a supermarket for some supplies. They had teabags on special, a 10 box of tea bags for $1. I always buy tea for the kids' stockings so got it then. I also picked up a lemon and ginger tea that might be good for sore throats over Winter.