Crafter's Challenge March March 17th-----March 23rd, 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have cast on for the right front of the cardigan I am working on. Hope to get some done this week.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
This week I would like to get back to some sewing. Have a couple tops cut out.
I have a tiny bit of back stitching to do on DGS birthday card ccs and than get the card made.
Need to get back to the socks. Cuff and maybe one inch of leg is all that is done.
Also have a pullover sweater to knit. Purchased the yarn last fall on clearanc. Since it’s a short sleeve summer type top I should start on it soon. Actually it would be a better knitting project in the evenings.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Will stamp the inside of the Easter cards and they will be finished.
sewing a self drafted canvas case for my husband. He will be hauling targets to the shooting range in it. I have everything in my stash but the black webbing (don’t think he will go for pink webbing). Going to make a fabric strap to see if it’s to his satisfaction.
Im going fabric shopping this week!!!!!!!!!!! It’s all for the quilts I’m making for Christmas, not for me. I’m going to try very hard to be good. I’m going to focus on the free Amish doughnuts instead of buying stuff for me.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm going to Open Sew with Kathy tomorrow. I hope to finish the blocks and sewing rows together on a UFO teal pinwheel quilt and perhaps start sewing blocks for another quilt.

I, also, need to add greetings to the Easter cards I made last week and to a BD card.

Other projects:

• Get size, shirt, and embellish for Iris for her BD
  • Work on crochet dragon for Sonja (Easter)
  • "Things That Go Zoom" tin for Valentin (Easter)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Fabric shopping in Shilo today. I need a couple 1/2 yard pieces for one quilt and 1 yard for another. I’m going to check out the quilt shop just down the road from me later this week. If I don’t find anything there I have 2 other shops I can try that are less than an hour away. My husbands quilt is in a holding pattern right now. I did break down and bought 2 pieces of backing just for me. I enjoyed a Amish doughnut anyways!
Easter cards are in the mail and I started Thanksgiving cards. May finish them tomorrow.
I guess Joann’s filed chapter 11 yesterday. They don’t plan to close any stores. The one I stopped in today looked like it was closing.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Joann's ???? Oh no!! o_O :(

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I need to finish off the scarf I crocheted. Still sitting on the desk. And I have slowly doing a little bit most days on the MHH ornaments!! I haven't decided on a crochet Christmas sweater thing for DD31, yet. Still looking at patterns.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am still knitting. Hope to get the right front finished this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Joann's ???? Oh no!! o_O :(
It's so difficult to see our favourite stores closing. When it comes to craft items I find it near impossible to shop online. I like to see items in person.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Joann news is upsetting!

I struggled a bit yesterday with some zipper pouches. I made two and wasn't really pleased with them, so I'm going to try something different today. I finished a cute little vehicle (Altoids) tin for Valentin yesterday. The vehicles are buttons. The only grandchild I haven't made a tin for is Sonja. Not sure just what to do (if anything) for her though.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
The news about Joann made it in the news here. They say no stores will be closing for now but I can see them closing one or two in Buffalo/Niagara falls area. They have four there and two(smaller ones) had very little in them. Heard the stores have gone private and are doing well and the problem is a financial issue. Think part of the problem is supply issue. Fabric store here in town is having supply issues and certain items they must be down to one or two or even out of item before they can get more in from the company wear house due to supply issue. It’s their way of trying to be able to keep supplies in all stores even if it’s a small amount.

Nice thing about doing cables with sock yarn is you can use a toothpick as a stitch holder when you misplace the cable needle.
Heel is knitted on first sock and starting on the foot of the sock.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I heard that Joann's supply issues were caused by their failure to pay the suppliers who then, of course, stop supplying.

Made a couple more zip pouches today. I'm still trying to perfect a technique.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Finished the one top and got the machine ready for the second. Tried making the button loops from fabric but can’t get the skinny tube to turn right side out. So today I hit the fabric store to see if I could find something to use for the loops which I did. The idea of making a narrow binding strip did cross my mind but than I thought it would be to thick.

A little more knitting done and beginning of week when I had my die cutter out to make DGS card I cut out the pieces needed for May cards and have then safety tucked away.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Checked out the quilt shop up the road, tons of fabric but nothing for the quilts. I didn’t even see anything I was tempted to buy for me. Will check checkout the the other 2 shops that are in the area in the new week.
Washed and ironed all the fabric I bought. Glad that is finished.