Crafter's Challenge April 14th-----April 20th, 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ I hope everything is okay with you and yours. I was missing the new week's thread, so thought I'd go ahead and start it up.

It's wonderful to see the pictures of this crafty group's creations! Such lovely work.

Come share your goals and achievements with us all this week.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hello all!

I just need to tie in the yarn ends on the socks, so those will get done PDQ. On the teal pinwheel quilt, I have all the rows joined and need to quilt the last joining strip. Then it's ready to put the binding on. It should get finished today or tomorrow if all goes well. I think it will be my spring/summer quilt for the family room, so I will want to make some matching coasters with the leftover fabric.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Yes, Lana, hope all is well.
Dahlia, thanks for getting us started!
Getting ready to try to finish up the runner top for the window seat. Have a pair of husbands pants to mend first.
The plan, providing the weather continues to cooperate, is to head to Amish country tomorrow to finish getting fabric for the quilts I’m making. I’m pretty much ready to go. Husband even put gas in my car for me.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lana hope all is well.
DJ thinks for starting us off
Myron’s mom hope You are able to get to Amish country tomorrow.

A couple weekends ago when DH and I when to the Elmira maple syrup festival we stopped into a quilt/paper/yarn crafting shop owned by a couple Amish ladies. Was surprised by how much cheaper their fabrics were than the fabric stores in town. It was a small store, small section of fabric but I did come home with two pieces of fabric needed for a quilt I plan to make down the road. DH even pointed out some fabric he thought would make great backing for baby quilts. Also grabbed a couple stamps/dies and DH walked out with a cookbook. There is another quilt shop in town but that will have to wait till another time as streets were getting pretty packed by the time the store started opening up at 10.

Have a very busy week so plans are to simply knit when I have a chance.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@Lana Hope all is well.

I am working on another pet mat and MHH ornaments. I finished the spa cloth and soap sack. I think I will be starting on DD32 dragonfly wrap shortly.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Howdy Friends! Thank you for thinking of me.

DD, thank you for starting the thread! At any time anybody can start it.

System is acting up and also my phone is doing weird stuff--have no ideal.

Sounds like all have plans.

I have finally figured out colors I am using for CIJ and have the first step done. Think I am ahead of my usual timing with them.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Didn’t go to Amish country yesterday. Woke up with vertigo. Thankfully I didnt spend the day on the bathroom floor and my head stuffed in the toilet. Husband offered to drive me but that would have been a disaster.
I did go today! Was feeling much better. I think I have all the fabric for the 3 quilts. I decided to make the Nutcracker (from counted quilts) for my son. I want to do it fairy frost to use some of my stash but I couldn’t find any at the shops I stopped at. I called a 4th but they don’t carry it. Need to rethink that one and check on line.
No trip to Amish country is complete with out a stop to the Dutch valley bakery! Their long johns are amazing. I only ate a 1/3rd of one, was so good!

Attachments

• 31E0E67D-CC56-4955-AD4B-EE2E6DAB1B8C.jpeg
    31E0E67D-CC56-4955-AD4B-EE2E6DAB1B8C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I did finish the quilt and socks. The placemats are pretty much done, but I may decide to tack down some of the trim strips that the pattern says to leave loose. I've also started a table topper with fabric from the placemats for the center of our dining table. I did have to buy just a little more fabric for it.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Have not touched my sweater as I’m having second thoughts about the pattern I chose. Found another pattern I think I like better. Uses the same yarn/amount. Printed pattern off. Both were free patterns by the yarn company.

So I have started on a hat for charity with left over multi colour yarn from the socks for one side of the double knit hat.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm terrible! I haven't done a thing! It looks like it will take forever to get the art room back in shape again!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I think I had a dream about someone helping me purge my studio. It's scary! I've been making quilted hearts for the IFAQH project, so I save small scraps of fabric to piece together for hearts. I don't think it's helping much, because I'm saving smaller fabric scraps than usual.

I finished a table topper to go with the placemats and made 4 more of the quilted hearts. It's been a good week for me craft-wise.