Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
Found a few nice things at a moving sale as they had everything,got a few jewelry pieces that are put away and two sets of flannel sheets still in their packaging.

Reactions: Minta

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This weeks been a good week thrifting. I found a picnic basket lined with the red checkered print and it was a complete set still. GW for $9.00!!! My niece is graduating from H.S. next month and she told me while we were out thrifting last year that she'd love one. So I've been on the lookout and wasn't finding them with the stuff still inside. Well I about jumped for joy when I opened this one up. It's going to make a great graduation gift. Unconventional, but I know she'll love it!

I also found a Pyrex bowl set for $10.00. It's one of the released they've done the last few years of reproduction prints. This is a yellow flower/butterfly print that was popular in the 70's and 80's. My mother in law loves butterflies so I bought it for her for Mother's Day. The pieces have never been used and all three have their lids and it comes in the cutest box ever.

Today I also bought 2 gifts for Christmas. I was at a craft show and bought two scarfs that can be worn 3 different ways. They were really cool and something I link the girls will love.

Reactions: luludou and Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
This weeks been a good week thrifting. I found a picnic basket lined with the red checkered print and it was a complete set still. GW for $9.00!!! My niece is graduating from H.S. next month and she told me while we were out thrifting last year that she'd love one. So I've been on the lookout and wasn't finding them with the stuff still inside. Well I about jumped for joy when I opened this one up. It's going to make a great graduation gift. Unconventional, but I know she'll love it!

I also found a Pyrex bowl set for $10.00. It's one of the released they've done the last few years of reproduction prints. This is a yellow flower/butterfly print that was popular in the 70's and 80's. My mother in law loves butterflies so I bought it for her for Mother's Day. The pieces have never been used and all three have their lids and it comes in the cutest box ever.

Today I also bought 2 gifts for Christmas. I was at a craft show and bought two scarfs that can be worn 3 different ways. They were really cool and something I link the girls will love.

Awesome finds especially on the picnic basket and its not unconventional if it what the person wants,

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Minta......and that's why I'm her favorite Aunt... lol ;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, great deal with the picnic basket, your niece will love it.

When I was in Hobart I picked up a pair of shorts for DS, down from $35 to $3.00. I also got him a book that I know that he will love. Got DD two books that she was looking at at an art gallery a few weeks back. The art gallery wanted $20 each, I picked both books up for $10 each.
Went shopping yesterday and go my mum a lovely powder blue striped ling sleeved top for $10. It will either go into her mothers day gift or put aside for Christmas.

Reactions: Minta and luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up a lot of makeup that DD would like for 40% off yesterday. Good brands, L'Oreal and Revlon. Lip balms down to 4.95 and a primer she uses down from $30 to $18. Happy with that and another thing ticked off the list. I normally put all of her make up items in a pretty gift box. This saves her having to purchase things throughout the year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Housewife2 always satisfying to see that gift closet growing. Well done.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I bought a really cute Advent calendar display item at the Spring Fling Sale that was held with the Charity Event. It's a long piece of heavy twine with red, numbered clothespins attached. I've done 24 Days of Smalls (undies) for Sophia and 24 Days of Gift Cards so I think I'll combine the two and alternate them. I'll pick up some of those mesh drawstring bags they sell in the wedding favors aisle at Michaels for the undies and I have a template to make gift card envelopes so I'll whip some up with my stash of patterned paper. I think it will look cute. Of course, I say that now, but if it ends up looking like something that was made by a kindergartner, I'll switch tactics and use the clothespin line to hang my Christmas cards :rolleyes:.

Reactions: Minta and luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, LOL. I can just imagine that it will be beautiful.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I ordered new make up brushes for my DD and an LED hologram train light for my son last night. Will tuck them away for Christmas.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I ordered new make up brushes for my DD and an LED hologram train light for my son last night. Will tuck them away for Christmas.
New make up brushes are always a great gift.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up some bath and body works hand soap for my step mom and a laser tag set for our son all for Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Everyone is doing so well. A little here and there will certainly make it easier when we get to the end of the year. Keep going!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got quite a bit of shopping done this weekend!

For MIL's gardening basket:

Herb Scissors
3 pack gardening gloves
Dr. Teals Lavender Lotion
Organic Houseplant Fertilizer
Large Painted Metal Watering Can

Also found pumpkin and some vanilla chapstick for 50 cents each in Walmart clearance aisle and got 8 for Stocking Stuffers. Couple of pumpkin chia seed face masks for a $1 each too. And a sweet little Peter Rabbit playset for a $5 for friends little girl.

Also got a couple of Pioneer Woman wooden spoons for two baking gift baskets I'm working on.

Feeling good!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Got quite a bit of shopping done this weekend!

For MIL's gardening basket:

Herb Scissors
3 pack gardening gloves
Dr. Teals Lavender Lotion
Organic Houseplant Fertilizer
Large Painted Metal Watering Can

Also found pumpkin and some vanilla chapstick for 50 cents each in Walmart clearance aisle and got 8 for Stocking Stuffers. Couple of pumpkin chia seed face masks for a $1 each too. And a sweet little Peter Rabbit playset for a $5 for friends little girl.

Also got a couple of Pioneer Woman wooden spoons for two baking gift baskets I'm working on.

Feeling good!
Gardening and baking gift baskets - both great ideas for gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ what great shopping you have done. I love a good bargain too!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a reusable coffee pod for the keurig machines on clearance for my FIL's coffee basket that I am putting together for him for Christmas.