September 2017 ------Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
thanks Jody.
Finished the study. I need DH to paint the desk in there at some stage when the weather is warmer. The top of the desk is all scratched and showing signs of age. There was not more to add to the maintenance list in this room.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I did get rid of a whole lot of old paperwork today. Felt good to shred it and be gone. I still have more to get rid of but that's happening tomorrow.

I feel like my house is filled with clutter after being unwell for a coupe of weeks- Im usually pretty good at getting rid of stuff as it comes in but have done nothing much recently and it was showing.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Glad that I finished the study yesterday. Today is a pretty day and I want to get other things done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cleaned 2 top kitchen cabinets out today and put some mugs, coffee saucers and glasses into a box. Notice we are all over cleaning so that is why we don't finish one thing! Those cabinets look really nice and one has so much more room. So many lids were up there and no bowls to go with them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This week will be my lounge room. I gave it a good cleaning a few weeks back so should not take too long. I need to wash the walls and floors (tiled floors in here) I need to contact the carpet cleaners and ask them to some and shampoo the couch, there are a few spots.
I need to take the rug outside and give it a good clean. The main decluttering in here will be in the DVD cabinet and my craft items.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I took three items for the thrift shop to the garage. I just remembered that our neighborhood will have a yard sale next weekend. I think next weekend I will put most of the items outside with "free" written on it. It will lighten my load to the thrift shop and hopefully someone will be able to benefit from the items.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lounge room was finished yesterday, it was such a pretty day. Not much to declutter in here, mainly getting things back to where they belong. I did quickly declutter the DVDs but if I have time today I will sort them as they have gotten a little out of order.
The front door needs some foam around it to stop the wind coming through the gaps DH can do that this weekend and the couches are getting cleaned today so that is the lounge room deep cleaned until Autumn.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I culled the bookcases this morning and pulled out more books. They are now straightened and organized for now. Just a couple of small areas to clean out and I will be done with the LR.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, well done. It feels great to get things ticked off our to do lists.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have been thru the craft books in the closet and moved several outside onto the wagon. Last night about 10 hardbacks went out. I tend to hold onto such things and I don't need them. There are a few that I will make copies of a thing or 2 and move them out. Would like to go thru that closet some more yet.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I got rid of one shirt at noon... was a shirt I wanted for yoga but it was a funny fabric and just kept stretching and stretching. CW wanted it so I gave it to her.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We all seem to be doing really well with the decluttering. Maybe its the weather. Keep going!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did my ensuite yesterday. Washed all the doors, walls, windows and floors. Threw out lots of empty containers of shampoo, tooth paste etc. Did a little
re-arranging so hopefully things will work better in there.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Another sweater in the donation bag. Today I'll start bringing some summer clothes to the basement - will go throught them before putting thema way.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last night I took my older sister about 5 or 6 glass serving bowls, Several pots and pots that were my g'mas the heavy ever wear (or wear ever whatever it is), couple bags of flower seeds I had for her.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The weeks are flying by. Tomorrow my goal is to finish my bedroom. It should be a lovely day for cleaning!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow you guys are all getting lots out the door! Good job! I got 2 large trash bags out the door over the weekend from a housewide closet cleanout. Wasn't painful like last year -- I'm getting more merciless. Was thinking this week about how helpful this thread was when I was decluttering last Fall. I'm distracted with some large financial projects right now (and the HHP and FlyLady) but now that I'm reading through this thread I'm going to try to hit some extra drawers and shelves that I have been putting off. I'll trick myself into starting by telling myself I'll just take out a "few" items. (I fall for that every time and then the next thing I know I'm completely unloading). :)