HGP 2017 - Master Bedroom Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
It's Week FOUR on the HGP! Can you believe it?

This week the plan's focus is in the bedroom - the idea being that we create a place of retreat and refuge for the busy weeks ahead!

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/master-bedroom-week

HOLIDAY PREP
  • Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  • Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  • Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  • Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
  • Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
  • Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
  • Make list of any table and bathroom linens that need replacing before the holidays, and pick up a few each week.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Perfect timing cause our bedroom is a wreck. We had been so busy working on the kids rooms, repainting the kitchen and livingroom over the summer that our room got neglected. It's long over due for a major cleaning and decluttering.

I will be picking up bunch of stuff to make stuffed shells and lasagna this week so I can make a couple freeze a head meals. Gotta love when the grocery store has a sale on the ingredients you need :)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My room needs a good vacuum, which requires someone to help move the sleigh bed so I can get under there! My sons are helping me with this task! Curtains coming down to wash and pillow inserts out in the sun!

Plus I put the first coat on the storm windows and the kitchen porch for painting today. Second coat tomorrow after work if all goes as planned :)

I've been trying out some recipes from my pins, to see what recipes will be my 'go-to' for cookies and desserts :)
The spiced pumpkin buttercream was a hit with the boys, made the too dry pumpkin muffins better!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got most of my list done this weekend! Just a few things to finish up on the weeknights this week!

Master Bedroom Cleaning Tasks:

[X] Strip bed, wash all blankets, bedding, remake
[X] Dust ceiling fa
[X] Dust blinds/spot clean as needed
[X] Windex windows/Clean window sills
[X] Sort/Org both bedside tables
[X] Sort/Org my dresser
[ ] Empty/Reorganize items in drawers under the bed
[ ] Empty, clean and reorganize closet
[X] Dust
[X] Clean TV screen
[X] Clean mirror
[X] Dry Mop Under Dressers and End Tables
[X] Vacuum
[ ] Clorox Scale

Holiday Prep Tasks:

I haven't jumped into making up cookie dough, etc for the freezer just yet. Hope to do that starting next week.

I've been working on my gift lists but no new purchases recently. I did wrap presents this Saturday and got several done and hidden away.

Will work on Master Holiday Grocery List this week and start buying items from it this next grocery trip towards the end of the week!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My bedroom is the room for next week. I am always slightly off the HGP because I do my house in a particular order. It is great to see what you have all been up to so I can add anything new to my list. I will be doing my ensuite today and my bedroom tomorrow if I get inclined or Wednesday if not. I too need the boys to help lift my bed so I can clean under it.

As for Holiday prep, when I do the groceries this week I will remember to buy a few tins extra, some for the stockpile and some for the food drive. I also need to start getting the items for the charity Christmas tree together.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Master Bedroom Cleaning List

{ x } wash curtains
[ x ] wash bedspread
[ x ] wash windows, inside and out
[x ] clean night stand
[x ] clean out night stand drawers
[x ] go through jewelry drawer
[ ] clean closet shelves