Wrapping Parties 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have one thing I could go ahead and wrap...DsonIL's luggage. Right now, it's in the spare bedroom. I need to wrap it and get it out of sight.

Have you all decided or do you have a wrapping theme this year?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MissJane, I don't have a wrapping theme as such. I love the mishmash of colours and shapes under the tree. I wrap most gifts but put others in bags and boxes to make a wonderful display under the tree.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Just a reminder that the first wrapping party is tomorrow!

Thank you Katrina for keeping me organized.

I plan on wrapping the gifts in my gift closet and listening to Christmas music while I do it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
First wrapping day today. I am not going to be wrapping as it is a Saturday and of course everyone is home. I am going to go through my planner and write any more stocking fillers that I want to buy. I may also get time to go through the stockpile and see what foods I have for Christmas. What ever I do, Christmas will be the focus of the day.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I would like to go on the records and say I wrapped 5 Christmas gifts, 2 Halloween gifts, and 1 Birthday gift this past week. Holy Heck I'm proud of myself..hahaha

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
After reading some of these replies, I want to wrap now. :) I don't have gifts or stocking stuffers yet.

I did chuckle reading that Aunt Jamelle bought 12 rolls of Scotch Tape. I did the same thing two weeks ago. Some of my children must have gone tape crazy this summer because we were out of tape. I know I had 4 rolls in May. I used to have a "secret" stash of holiday wrapping supplies. I don't think it's so secret anymore. :D

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I buy a multi pack from Costco when they put them out, along with 2 giant packs of tissue paper..

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I had a fabulous day yesterday planning and making lists (and checking twice). I am torn between Oh MY GOODNESS I need more weeks and I want Christmas now!!!!
Come September the excitement really begins for me.
Looking forward to the next wrapping party.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Some progress is better than no progress ahorsesoul

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I did not wrap either But i got my Christmas binder/ planner updated. I was not entirely happy with the way I had it set up last year. So Im trying something new. Had a tentative discussion with Luke about staying home V's going out, ideas for a different breakfast on Christmas morning also discussed the possibility of changing Christmas Eve dinner up a bit.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, I did get some wrapping done. Not as much as I was hoping, but some. Because you KNOW, as soon as I got started, DS came upstairs and he wanted to wrap something too - lol

All in all, I think I got a dozen things wrapped? I focused on the felt ornaments I've made and other small crafted gifts. Didn't realize how much I have already to wrap! Went through my box of stocking stuffers and misc. items and there is quite a bit to wrap in there too. Plus the at least 3 toy gifts I've hidden away for DS.

Now that I've got everything pulled out I'll try to keep wrapping here and there as time allows.

I need to follow Ahorsesoul's lead and figure out where to PUT the wrapped gifts!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good job to all of you that got something wrapped. You will be that little bit ahead of the game come December.
Next wrapping party is September 16th I believe. The weeks are rolling by now.

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
Im in! I have a few things brought for my daughter and family already that I can sit and wrap. I do need to find labels though but I have some Christmas cards that are the small ones that Im thinking if I cut up and hole punch with some nice ribbon I can make my own labels. Looking forward to some christmas tunes. Im in the UK - will anyone else here be up for me to chat with whilst I wrap??

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
oh...I realized after my trip next week I can even make tags for the jelly's I just made for gifts. Even get that out of the way. Having my paper here in the house is going to make such a huge difference

Reactions: Skippy1707