Take It Down!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I took everything down yesterday and packed it away. Today I found 3 items that I got for Christmas!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The tree is down, ornaments are in their boxes in their tote, and all the decor is sitting together waiting to go into their boxes. I just couldn't take all those totes sitting around tonight.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've got 95% of it down and put away now. Still have a couple of random things inside to deal with plus all the outside stuff...

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We also celebrate the 12 days of Christmas. The decorations start coming down this week in bits and pieces at night. Tree pick up is the Wednesday after Epiphany so we'll take the ornaments off the tree this weekend but leave the lights and tree up until Tuesday night. Then we'll take the lights off and haul the tree to the curb.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We took down the tree the indoor Christmas decorations New Years Day and the outside Christmas decorations this past Sunday. However we will leave the icicle lights and the light up snowman on outside until March along with all the inside snowmen decorations.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I keep finding random bits of Christmas! lol

Took little tree from DS's room up to storage last night + the little bit of decor that was in the master bath.

Still have artificial poinsettias by the front door to grab, Christmas spoon rest from kitchen, etc.

Plus all the outside decor but with the current frigid temps I think I am just going to leave it for now!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have done remarkably well. Usually I find little bits of Christmas here and there for a few days after. This year I have only found 3 things and they have been put away.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Tree came down last night -- whole family helped, thank goodness. Boy Scouts will be recycling trees this coming weekend. Still have the totes strewn about the living room and will finish packing them today -- wanted to make notes on my inventory of lights so I am prepared for next year.. Was able to remove an entire tote from the pile by packing the non-fragile ornaments all into their own smaller box - rather than having them all in their individual compartments taking up an entire tote. Why have I not done this sooner? I guess I was trained as a kid to treat them ALL very carefully! :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
got a new sofa so had to take my tree down. will have to plan for a new place to put tree this year.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My tree is still waiting for me to get well enough to take it down. lol

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i dont take mine down till the end of jan one year is was march but it was in another room out of the way

Reactions: tanya