Wrapping Parties 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I hope that you all don't mind if I start the Wrapping Party thread for this year. Over the past few years these dates have been important in my planning of pre Christmas prep.
Hope that you can all join along, if you have nothing to wrap on these dates maybe use them for planning or to buy something for in the closet....

Saturday August 12th

Saturday September 16th

Sunday October 15th

Friday November 10th

Saturday November 25th (one month to go)
Sunday November 26th

Saturday December 9th

Saturday December 16th
Sunday December 17th (one week to go)

Relax now the wrapping should be done!!!!!

Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This is a great reminder for me. I tend to forget about the wrapping parties. I'll put this down on the calendar. Maybe this year I can join in October. August and September are busy here with back to school preparations and then all the activities the first few weeks of school.

Reactions: jollykelly

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Thanks, Katrina. I seldom get in on the early ones because my family all like to wait until late October, early November to really settle on what they want, but I try to take time to do something for preparation on those days.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Katrina. I too don't usually use the early ones but it gives me the opportunity to look for boxes, scotch tape, wrapping paper and update the gift closet

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I so wish I could join in but I really do not have place to store the gifts long term once they are wrapped right now plus we do the bulk of our shopping in Oct and Nov. I am however planning on taking a day off from work in the beginning of Dec and get the wrapping done, especially for DH and the kids since they will be out of the house.
I do like Lucie's idea for using those dates to make sure I have enough tape and locate my scissors cause they always seems to walk off LOL

Last edited:

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Thank you Katrina - I am definitely in on this and have placed on my calendar! I hope to have all my shopping done before Thanksgiving so I will be using all of the early dates and hope to not have to use the later ones! But you know what they say about the best laid plans......

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
thanks soo much. I live by these. I actually start alot in July. as I am here on may 12th & already have 3 gifts in box... lol

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I put these on my calendar and every year at least once my husband ask me if I'm going to some wrapping party..hahah I'll go add them again. I don't necessarily follow them to the T, but it reminds me constantly to get it done!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am looking forward to the wrapping parties. Popping some Christmas music on, getting the supplies together and wrapping whatever I may have.
Any reason to celebrate Christmas is a good reason for me.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I'm in for most of them. I will probably use the August one to update lists, supplies etc.... But I know that Im good to start- I made sure I selected and purchased my theme paper for 2017 in 2016. In 2017 I will decide on a theme colour and purchase ahead.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
So I never did put my wrapping paper away..Meaning it normally gets hauled to the storage shed. Maybe that will help me get a start earlier on wrapping.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've got all the dates plugged into my Google calendar! :) I will use the August date to focus on wrapping all of my hand crafted gifts. I've already got a drawer full of them and it takes TIME to wrap all those little things! I've been caught out by this the last couple of years - underestimating the time it will take to wrap all those little felt ornaments and so on...NOT this year! lol

All my wrapping supplies are easy to hand - or mostly with a little rearranging - so should be good to go! Just need to check on my supply of the good tape!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
So I never did put my wrapping paper away..Meaning it normally gets hauled to the storage shed. Maybe that will help me get a start earlier on wrapping.
mine is in a tote behind my bed so it will be easier to get to. i usually put it i the attic

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am not sure how much I will have by the first wrapping date in August either. I am just keen to get started.
September (BER MONTHS) is when the Christmas magic starts setting in for me.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Yeah, buddy!!! I am ready! I have a few toys purchased for DS already that I am going to try and wrap along with the hand crafted items I've completed!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My mum and I will use one of the dates (possibly October) to wrap all the stocking fillers. I will take my stocking fillers to her house we will have a wrapping day while listening to Christmas music. We will have some lunch and make a real day of it.

If you have nothing to wrap on the earlier dates how about trying a new Christmas recipe. See how it turns out before adding it to the Christmas menu.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom