Crafters Challenge February 19th-25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lots of you made progress last week. WTG!!!

I did get Teigans room moved around. (not my sewing room but her room but if I would like to sew in it I can and she won't care! Words of a 3 yr old)

Looking for an item for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap to see if that is what I am doing or not.

What are your plans?

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Not sure how much will get done this week. Had an unexpected death of an uncle on Friday, and heart broken and haven't even wanted to do anything at all since I heard. I was hoping that I would have gotten Kenny's grad card box done this weekend but nope not happening.

What may or may not get worked on or completed this week just not sure if I have the energy todo so

Kenny's graduation card box
Home wine bottles
Hop wine bottles
look for bunny to make into a template for wood signs
wood boxes
work on wood chair
I guess that may be it I don't know for sure can't clear the brain to think at moment

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Kim sorry for your loss.

Have not started any new project yet. Have a long list, but...

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Sorry to hear about your uncle. Prayers and loving thoughts for you and family.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sorry to hear of your uncle's passing.
I am working on DrillDance uniforms at my mums this week, no crafting for me here.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Thank you!!!!

It was so nice outside (pretty sad to say 41 degrees is nice outside) decided to get some wood cut and head down to the craft room to work on some stuff. Kenny and Kayla decided they were going to help out. Kenny finished up the home wine bottles while Kayla and I painted going to get dinner cleaned up and garbage to the road and head back down there am working on a bunny so white should be dry on that by now I hope

Attachments

• 16864480_10208339589353816_7928729521182987387_n.jpg
    16864480_10208339589353816_7928729521182987387_n.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 6

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim sorry to hear about your uncle. Hugs and prayers!

Allen did cut out 2 more bird houses and they hammered one together last night and will do one this a.m.--I think.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Kim ~ I'm so sorry about the death of your uncle. I'm glad you had a chance to do some crafting with Kenny and Kayla.

DD hasn't called to give me direction about quilting the quilt and shams. It hasn't held me up a lot, since I spent the time getting the quilt sandwiched yesterday. That isn't easy because it's so big. Now that it's ready, if I don't hear from her, I will just move on to something else for now.

I'm going to Ben Franklin with a friend today. I've got a few things on my list to look for.

Happy crafting everyone!

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
KimD, the wine bottles are beautiful! I love it. Have not done any crafting all weekend, was to do some today but ... just not feeling it, maybe later

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Kim ~ Just noticed the wine bottles. Very nice!

Lana ~ We don't have too many Ben Franklins around here, but one we do drive by fairly regularly, when we come and go skiing (winter) and to the lake (spring through fall). It's not very close to home, but convenient for our other routes. But when DH stops for me, I don't really feel like I have the freedom to just shop around. I spent lots of money there today buying:

• *Yarn for a new afghan for me
    *Yarn for a baby afghan (just 'cause)
    *A picture frame (just 'cause ... and I need to put up more DGD photos)
    *A shadow-box frame for a CCS motif that I've started (for me)
    *A few skeins of DMC floss that I was running low on
    *Fleece for bunnies I want to make for Sonja and Julia (Easter)
    *Wood pieces for a fairy house project (for DH and Iris to make when she visits this summer ... they have made their flight reservations
    )

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have the sham tops all quilted. I'm using a laser light to keep my stitching straight and I think the batteries are getting a little tired. I ran into a problem on the sham backs when I discovered I had attached one side of the zipper to the wrong edge of the fabric. I had hoped to get to quilting the quilt, but not yet. Probably not till at least tomorrow, since we're skiing today.

I found a really cute cross stitch picture online and spent quite a bit of time searching where I could get it from. Finally won! I'd like to stitch it for a friend but it will take some time.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Have not touched anything since Sunday crafting wise, but I guess that is what happens when you have to be at funeral homes three days in a row for three different people. Hopefully that is done for awhile. I also have been working on cleaning the barn. My mom had a brand new picnic table in there that never got put together before my gram passed 24 years ago some of it has rotted but was able to save some of it. Thinking of taking and making my mom something with what I could save. She did not want me to get rid of because it was my grams. She has been looking for a phone stand for her living room so I might be able to do something like that with it

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Haven't done any actual crafting lately but I have been researching ideas on gifts to make this year. I've decide to make a sewing accessory gift set for a craft friend - a scissors keeper (plus a new pair of sharp scissors), a pincushion, a needle book and a covered measuring tape - I haven't decided on exact designs yet but I'll post when I do.

I also have been going over different sewing project ideas. I have all the items for making 8 Minute Potholders already, in fact I have at least a few cut and pinned and ready to sew already. I've just not gotten to it, part of my hesitation is being a beginning sewer on a machine and knowing I'll be sewing through several layers of fabric and insulation for each potholder. So yesterday I got the brainstorm! I'll hand sew the potholders! It will not be as quick but it will get them DONE!

Then I'll tackle simpler projects on the machine! I also purchased the fabric for simple reversible aprons a while ago and I'm thinking of pulling that back out again! Oh so many ideas swirling right now, really!

The one good thing I can say for being Part Time right now is that I have extra time at home to do some of these things.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
AJ I have been doing the same thing this morning researching. Had my niece for a little while last night all because someone gave me a car seat for her reborn doll and she had to have it right away and made her dad bring her over and wanted to stay with me for awhile. She told me that she asked her parents if maybe she could get another reborn for her birthday and they told her no way were they buying her one she already got one from Santa. So this aunt is looking into making her one. I know that it won't be as good as her first but I am going to do it. So I have been looking at kits all morning.

I really am hopeing to get some crafting done at some point today

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AJ sounds like nice gift ideals. I will have to look into the 8 minute potholders. A thread catcher with the pincushion is another ideal. There is the 15 minute table runner too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have done no crafting this week, I have had no spare time at all. Hopefully will get some done next week.