Crafters Challenge December 4th-10th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

My items that need done are winding down. I have to do:

3 1/2 quilts on the binding

Paint a few snowman pillows

Finish some yo yo ornaments

get vanilla put into bottles----have to get bottles

sew off ends of scrubbies

make more seasoning salt and put into containers

maybe a small blankie to put over the horse we got Teigan and maybe later and let her help. American doll size horse

What are your plans?

DD, I am still looking at the brother machine. Have a guy whos sister died and has 2 Berninas (sp) that after he did his wife a sewing room she doesn't want to use and he said I have 1st chance at them. Don't know what kind they are but wish he would let me know. What format or file do you order designs for yours?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to finish dd's mittens and have 2-3 felt ornaments I want to do... hoping I'll have time before Christmas

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have to glue eyes on some horse ornaments for my kindergarten class and would like to start a fabric book for DGD 5 months but we will see. I have to prepare everything needed for my Celebration with a Jar club that will be next week afterschool. We using rings and lids this time for ornaments and making sugar scrub and putting it in a decorative jars that I have.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Finished up the couple things and put into the box last night and it is ready to mail today.

Lunch I will some scrubbies and sew the ends. That will get them done working on them during lunch periods this week.

Tonight hope to paint the snowman faces on pillow tops.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I can't believe that I forgot to take a picture of the sewing machine mat/tool caddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allen had just finished sealing box when I said I didn't take a picture when I finished it Fridayight!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ The Brother uses PES format. It’s a common one, but I find that the designs I want to purchase online come in most formats. Berninas are good machines, so you may have an opportunity there. I sometimes forget to take pictures of my crafts if I’m trying to get them in the mail right away. I end up asking the recipient to take a picture for me or else wait till I see them and remember to take my own picture. I hope you can get one, ‘cause I was anxious to see it. Good luck on your finishing up!

I did get DD#2’s drapes done before we had to leave. They are decorative only on each side of her bed (no windows behind them), and look very nice. They match the other drapes in the room. She has some lamps and pictures to hang, and I need to finish her quilt. I think she also has a comforter cover she wants to re-size. I don’t think there’s anything else she plans to do in that room, although the adjoining bathroom will hopefully get some remodeling.

I may not get much crafting done this week, but if I do … I have a few girlfriend Christmas gifts that would be nice to do … organza poinsettia napkin rings, qsnap grime guards; and finish up Sonja’s Christmas ornament. When I have some down time, I’ll continue knitting the wedding afghan.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mittens are finished!! Now I need to start on some felt ornaments

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yeah, I know Berninas are nice machines so I am waiting to see what style they are. He said they do everything---told him to let me know the model they are. Sure it is something that the foremost on his mind.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD, have you seen the poinsettia you embroider and fits over a tea light to use as a decoration?
I'm sure I've seen something similar. Do you have a specific link?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Will be doing more scrubbies at lunch.

DD, the link is https://www.swakembroidery.com/products//3d-poinsettia-tealights

I would love to order the pattern. IF I knew about machines. He talked to Allen last about it so will see if he will call him maybe. Wonder if you could use the napkin ring pattern you do and make them?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ When you buy embroidery designs online sometimes you have to specify which format you need. Others will come in all the formats they list, and you just use the one for your machine. If you switch machines and need a different format, you would have it. The design you are looking at for the tealights (very cute BTW) would have a button-hole type stitch (tight zig-zag) to reinforce a small circle where you would put the "flame" through. The design I used does not have that reinforcement, although you could still cut a hole and maybe use fray check.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ah ... you got me shopping Lana! I got a $10 birthday gift certificate in my email from an embroidery site that I've purchased from. I ended up ordering several Christmas motifs. That got me back to looking for some butterfly designs I could do for DD's table décor, and I found a really nice 3-D one (similar to the poinsettias) that was 50% off, so got it for $5. I think that will be all the table décor I will make for her unless she requests something else. Will probably try to get the butterflies done to send her for Easter.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Just wanted to pop in and say HI! :) You guys are doing so good!

Realized this morning that I need to get to work on "crafting" class gifts for DS room this year. I was going to decorate pudding cups like reindeer and snowmen and Santas. Although as I think on it, maybe I'll just pick two designs - Vanilla Pudding Cups will be snowmen and chocolate ones will be Santas.

Then I was going to do little mini water bottles decorated with googly eyes, red pom poms for noses and brown pipe cleaners for antlers. :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sounds cute AuntJ

I am going to finish up the family/ and few friends cards tonight and then back to crafting a few things and finishing bindings next week. Wk-end is busy (I just wanna stay home) so will be next week I am thinking

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up the water bottles and pudding cups - still need to buy the poms and pipe cleaners! Should have everything else. Just not sure when the heck I'm going to DO this!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Everyone's keeping busy I see.

I finished the planned grime guards yesterday. They will be a Christmas gift for a friend who has just started doing CCS and seems to like it. I loaned her my QSnaps for her first project. When it was done, she bought some for herself and is looking for another project.

I have some poinsettias just about ready to hot glue onto ribbon for some napkin rings. Should get those done today between batches of macaroons.

I sent a prayer shawl to DSonIL's DM, so I'm thinking another one will be my next knitting project when the afghan is finished. I do need to make a couple of quick dish cloths this week for a friend though.