HGP 2016 Week 9, Pantry/Closets Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Armed with my list of pantry staples to restock, will be shopping this afternoon!

The much needed rain has stopped this morning, so time to also get our Halloween decorations up! Porch was cleaned up earlier in the plan and I have kept it nice and neat :) ready for guests, and soon spooked up for trick or treaters.

Ordered 'ugly' Christmas sweaters for DH and my boys - and as a bonus of festive fun holiday novelty socks. Stockings are coming together - DH is almost done.

Reactions: Minta

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Kitchen is all done! and the entry closets are done too. Today I washed the oven. I still have to reorganize freezers (tomorrow!) . Need to put some Halloween decorations up and menu plan too. From now on I need to do cooking and prep for Christmas. The housework is done, only maintaining is left to do. :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Still have some leftover kitchen tasks to tackle, but this week I am taking "off" on the plan. We're leaving for campground on Wed and will get home on Sunday. Deferring last of kitchen tasks and pantry/closets to next week! We don't have a Family Room so that will let me get caught up!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
YAY .. I never finished the couple of drawers in the kitchen that needed to be reorganized as I spent half the weekend cooking, baking and working on the master bathroom. I will get those drawers done this week. We have a lot of reusable water bottles of various sizes. I am thinking I need to purge some as these do take up a good bit of space in the cabinet. Maybe move the ones we use for the bikes to another location

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Wowzers it is getting colder here! First time the little snowflake icon has appeared in our area weather forecast. Not that it matters - but seriously, NO SNOW until November 1!
;) It may be a good thing I don't control the weather thermostat - I enjoy being 'snowed-in' way to much lol

With the arrival of cooler weather, has everyone found their snow-brush/scrapers for cars - switched over to winter windshield wash and made an appointment to switch from summer tires to your winter tires? I have booked mine for the second week in November. Wondering if this is just a Canadian/Northerner thing - 'snow/ice tires'?

My snow-brush and scraper are both in trunk, will keep my extra runners in there for now - but added mittens, hat and scarf to the 'just in case' sack. Noticed my car blanket is missing, so added that to my list of needed things (I keep a blanket in the car just in case of an accident or break-down, can aid in keeping you alive till help comes or if in shock).

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
With the arrival of cooler weather, has everyone found their snow-brush/scrapers for cars - switched over to winter windshield wash and made an appointment to switch from summer tires to your winter tires? I have booked mine for the second week in November. Wondering if this is just a Canadian/Northerner thing - 'snow/ice tires'?.
I just had my snow tires put on! I do need to check on my snow scrapers. I also need to put extra gloves in the car.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH should do the snow tires this weekend,... I will be BEHIND him to get it done :) Broom will be put in the cars too.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I was home for a couple days this week with the kids as they both had dental surgery so I got out the extra throw blankets and washed them. Will store one in each vehicle. I still need to buy the winter windshield washer fluid. Ice scrappers already in the vehicles as we had to use them already to scrap frost off the windows. Finished organizing the main floor hall closet and placed the foldable bin on the top shelf, one bin is to hold the overflow of spare gloves and the other now holds the off season kitchen towels and pot holders. I have my daily kitchen towels/pot holders, a couple sets for fall and Thanksgiving, a couple sets for Christmas and a couple snowman sets that I use after Christmas until Spring hits. They would not all fit in the kitchen drawers so I was storing them in our bedroom closet. Since the main floor closed is right next to the kitchen it made mores sense to store them there.