Crafters Challenge Oct. 23rd-Oct. 29th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This last week was a bust and I only did very little crafting.

This week I have to do a vest for Teigan for her Halloween costume. She will be Sheriff Callie. Also her birthday theme (in Jan.) so she will wear it again. Would like to cut it out here shortly. Was going to at work on Friday but Allen came by for the checkbook so.....

I need to start on quilt bindings and also finish up the 12 days of Christmas swap gifts.

Start the Secret Santa item.

What are your plans for this week?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I plan on starting a first year scrapbooking album of grandson's photo. A Christmas gift for his Dad. Now sure if I'll actually scrap it or send it off to get a book printed.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I will be finishing up the growth chart for Sonja. While hand sewing the binding last night I noticed that one of the hanging loops is on backwards, so I have to frog a little to put it on the correct way. Ugh! I tried sewing out the label, but I didn't like it, so it's back to the drawing board with that. Then, I need to find a nice tape measure to attach to it as well as get DH's help with a dowel for hanging.

I would also like to finish up a CCS motif and make a BD card for DSonIL with it.

I'm sure I'll find more to do, but these two take top priority.

I've made a little progress with the yo-yo animals, too. Most of the rest of the work on them involves hand sewing, so that will be done in the evenings.

Wishing everyone good luck with your crafting goals this week!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Painting is finished. Not quite everything as I would've liked but good enough... after all I got to go to 2 paint classes out of 4 to do it.

On to the slouchy hat

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Mostly focusing on camping this week :) We leave on Wednesday! Will try to get a bit of crafting in though - still working on felt school bus tissue box cover, it's coming along nicely!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Slouchy hat is finished! I will try to take a pic this week and post it on my blog.
will start mittens for dd this afternoon

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
AJ with the tomato cages they will be used for both crafts and three gardens so they will be used for sure.

Last week was a complete bust for me I really did nothing craft wise, didin't help that my son had three cross country meets either. We are now done for two weeks then sectionals and the week after states. Plus we are now on to winter sports and youngest daughter has soft ball camps and winter practice.

This week I really want to
finish Kali's Christmas wreath that she asked me to do on Saturday got alot of it done Sunday
Snowman tomato cage
finish up first wooden snowman
cut more snowman out of wood
decorate two wreaths I have had started for months
figure out what I am making as gifts
cut plastic pumpkins off concrete pumpkins that I made with 8 year old niece on Sunday

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got the pics for my crochet stuff!

slouch kit1.jpg

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Got Kali's wreath done and it she now has it. Started working on tomato cage snowman now need to figure out the head and hat.

Hoping since I have today off I can get outside and cut some wood for snowmen today

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
luludou - That set is beautiful!

I finished DD5's hat, just a simple knit ribbed hat as she outgrew her old one. Made DD3 a matching one in her favourite colour as well. Debating buying one more ball in another colour and making a hat for the baby and then making a striped one for me using the leftovers of all three colours.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lucie ~ Your crochet is beautiful. I love the buttons and accents. Glad you are satisfied with your painting. Too bad you had to miss some classes.

Lana ~ It’s nice when Halloween costumes can be used more than just once. You’re making good progress this week.

Ahorsesoal ~ A first year photo album will be treasured, I’m sure. Did you decide on scrapping or printing?

AJ ~ I hope you are enjoying your camping trip and having nice weather.

Kim ~ How are the meets going?

FS ~ Must be the season. There’s so much knitting and crocheting going on! Good work finishing the hats.

The growth chart is nearing completion. I just need to hot glue the measuring tape to the it, and DH is finishing painting the hanging dowel.

I have a CCS chart ready to make a BD card. I’d like to get it in the mail today or tomorrow.

Two steps forward and one back on DD#2's quilt. Thankfully, I took the time to cut out pieces for a sample to be sure I had all the calculations right. I did have the dimensions right, but cut all the squares for the 1/2 square triangles using the wrong marking on my ruler. So glad it was a sample! I have a couple more dimensions to confirm today, and then I will be able to start all the real cutting.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last night I got 5 more sewn together and will just have to quilt the tops. I like the way I am doing them now so may redo some. Will see.

DD, glad you made a sample. Is the quilt a Christmas gift?