Crafters Challenge September 25th-October 1st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to the end of September and October!!!!

Times are closing in on us and the crafting for Christmas. We really have time yet but seems to fly by we all know.

Finally found the colors for the one panel quilt and got them last night.

Picked up some more flat marbles and tulip paints for some snowman magnets.

Got the rest of the stuff to do the 12 Days of Christmas items.

This week is sewing I hope. (have a meeting on Tuesday night)

Several of you are making such headway---GREAT jobs!!!!!!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I really would like to make some vanilla this year. But I can't find where I stashed my recipe. Anyone here have a good one? Hoping there is still time to make it for Christmas gifts.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have making it for several yrs. now and I think I look it up every year. One or another. I know I keep the bottles from yr. to yr. so I pour 1/2 bottle of vodka (some use bourbon) in each bottle and I am thinking like 12-16 beans in each. We split them and then shake them daily for a month or so and then every so often. Keep in a dark place. I honestly don't know where the ones are that I have going for this year. Started them in Feb. and with Allen in hospital back in June.... lost track of them.:oops: They say 6 to 8 weeks to make it so you should have time. I try to start in Jan. but wasn't till middle of February this year.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Forgot to say that I have painted the face (tulip paints 2 eyes, 6 for mouth and carrot nose--not a painted but can manage this) on 66 flat clear marbles. They will dry and then put the paper on the back and a magnet. Probably be a few weeks before getting back to them.

Will cut fabric later.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got all the pieces for the 12 Days of Christmas the one item cut out. Was 122 pieces. Each one takes 6 pieces and will do 13 for it so have a few extra can do for gifts.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Mostly getting knitting in while camping. I'm nearly done with a drop stitch scarf. I want to wait till I get home to finish it. So I got the stitches cast on for another shrug last night, plus one row stitched.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
At lunch yesterday I saw a message from the quilting lady that she has the 5 quilts done. I will try to get these last 3 done and taken to her when I get the 5. Will have to do the bindings.

I sewed last night and got 6 front pieces made of the periwinkle mats I am doing for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap. Making them out of red, white and blue theme material.

Also sewed some on one of the quilts. The blue deer panel one.

DD, good job on the knitting projects.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The quilter said fine to just bring the other 3 when I picked up the 5.

Last night I finished the one blue deer panel. Wish I would of put the black piece in the opposite corners on the top and bottom and not middle but....it is okay.

Will sew today on other 2.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Those quilts are really coming together!

We're home now. DH insisted on driving the whole way home from MT in one day (11 hours on the road). We will unpack the trailer and get it cleaned up tomorrow. Then I'll review my crafting goals and get to work on Christmas gifts (and a gift or two for November birthdays).

Did plenty of knitting while riding today. First skein of yarn knitted on the current shrug.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We got the rest of the material for the quilts (backing).

Yesterday I finished the tops to the other 7 periwinkle mats I am doing for a swap. I sewed on one quilt last night.

DD, hubby was ready to get home!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ I wasn't really surprised at DH deciding to drive the whole way. Once he gets on the road, he's like a cow headed for the barn.

Congrats on your quilt progress. That's a lot of work! What wonderful gifts. Hope they are well-loved.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Fish quilt top done last night. Will (it is the plan anyhoo) finish the other deer top and hopefully Allen can take these 3 to her and pick up the 5 on Monday. Not sure if I will bind by hand or machine.