Crafters Challenge September 18th-24th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

This past week I (well Allen did) got 5 quilts to the quilter

Crocheted 14 scrubbies. Got 3 more spools of tulle yesterday but will get a few more.

Allen spray painted 2 of the plastic pumpkins yesterday so need to get some mums now.

This week will be more crafting towards Christmas presents.

What are your plans?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ You "had 5 quilts taken to the quilter".:)

I finished the small bird CCS chart which will be made into a BD card for a friend.

We'll be camping for a couple of weeks. The first week will be with relatives, and I should be able to get lots of knitting done while visiting. The next week will be touring Glacier National Park, so I may not get as much knitting in, but it's a good project to work on while riding in the car. I'll also take along some CCS projects. That's about it.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I still need to get the ribbons on my sweaters. Anything involving sewing always gets procrastinated on with me.
Knitting another baby sweater. Hope to finish it by the end of the week.

I still can't find the mittens I knit for Christmas, so I need to knit new mittens for DD3.

I'd like to start working on the Mary Frances sewing book so that I can make each of the girls' dolls a little outfit for Christmas. I have a bunch of remnants I've collected over the years that should work.

Lana - 14 scrubbies! It take me all night to make a granny square!

Dahlia Doll - I always bring a knitting bag in the car with me now, or a crochet hook. It's a great time to get little projects done.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
On my to start list:

• go to wool shop, pick up needles and wool - slippers
  • go to 'Home' pick up glass bottles, swing by LCBO and buy vodka - make vanilla extract

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Housewife, good to see you! Sounds like a plan.

Lucie, infinity scarfs are nice.

FS, hope the mittens show up before you have to do another pair. The girls will like a doll outfit.

DD, you probably will get stuff done while you see friends. Sounds so nice the way you get go travel. I would love the camping part and just sitting in nature.

Last night (late afternoon) I made 7 Christmas ornaments up using the dried flowers from the banks presidents funeral flowers. He died last September. The funeral home took 95% of the flowers to do it for family but I got some. I will do for the CEO (his granddaughter), her 3 daughters (have worked with them all, her mom, her brother and her sister. He was 95. Just dry the flowers and put into a glass ball. A lot of times I put small pictures (thumbprint size) into the balls but didn't have any.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have fallen behind on crafting! :( Hope to pick back up my efforts in the evenings this week! Should be able to finish at least 1 felt ornament and maybe 2 if I push hard!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did a bit more work on felt hot air balloon ornament last night. Cut out the backer piece, sewed the "garland" onto the balloon and started adding some sequins - hope to finish it tonight!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sounds neat AJ.

No sewing done but we laid the panels out and decided what we (Allen cut --- me sew) were going to do and then the colors we needed yet. 2 of them I have the items for the first round-around the panel but need to get the second and the backings. The other one I have to get all 2 rounds and the backing.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
99% done with felt hot air balloon ornament. Just need to hot glue on a button to hide where I stitched on the ornament hanger on the back. Will do that today!

Now it's time to start another ornament!

Also going to get my supply list together for my next wave of projects! Need wool blend felt for these and will make a trip to a particular local craft store for it. I'm planning some toys and dress items for DS for Christmas and several smaller gift items for his teacher and aides, etc. at school.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Here is a pic of what it looks like so far. When I stuffed it the "seams" between the colors of the balloon sections pulled apart a bit. Will have to look over my crafting doo dads to see what I might use to disguise it. Might do some cording or just some glitter squeezed out of a tube - like Stickles.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/29210586314/in/dateposted-public/

Ran to craft store on a break and picked up all the wool felt I need for several gifts!

- Angry Birds set for DS

http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2010/12/angry-birds-plush-green-white-black-and.html

- Shark Mask, Wolf Mask and Tail Set, Owl Mask and Dragon Mask for DS

http://tinyurl.com/zauoshc

http://tinyurl.com/gn4vw7q

https://liagriffith.com/homemade-halloween-costumes-no-sew-dragon-mask-and-cape/

- School Bus Tissue Box cover for DS's teacher

http://tinyurl.com/hfquxkv

Got all the embroidery floss I needed too! Now I just need to start getting the templates made and the fabric cut so I can make up kits for everything!

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ - love all your links! The school bus tissue is a wonderful gift for a teacher!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, luludou! I'm really exited to make that school bus!!!

Did a little bit of work on a Christmas mitten felt ornament last night - making two of these - gifts for twins!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Ironed the CCS Christmas tree that I did for my mum and know i just need to frame it. I promise it will be done before Christmas.
It has taken me so long to finish it LOL.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
We're on our way to Glacier NP after camping for several days with DH'S relatives in Eastern Washington.

Love reading about all you're up to and viewing the great links.

Finished the knit shrug for DD#2 except for sewing the side seams which I will do at home.

Started a knit scarf. Found a JoAnns store to get yarn for another shrug, this one for DD#1.