Is your Thanksgiving menu the same every year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This year scan or copy your shopping list so you do not have to make it again next year. I have a master list that I use. I usually make the same thing for Thanksgiving so the list only changes with what side dishes and desserts that I might make.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
If I cook, it is the same. My family likes the same thing year after year.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Mine is almost the same everyyear - turkey, stuffing, whipped potatoes and sweet potato b/ pineapple bake. BUT, I do want to switch up two sides - I have been really displeased with them.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Ahorsesoul, that is a great idea to make a copy of your shopping list. I only change a dessert of side dish too, so will definitely do this.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
We have the same thing every year and I always cook, pretty basic so my list stays the same. We raise so much ourselves, turkey, sausage for dressing, potatoes, pumpkin for pies, my shopping list isn't very big.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Nice!

Yes, we have the same mostly, so scanning would be a WONDERFUL idea!
:thanksgiving4:

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
I have been doing this for years-it is great to just go to your notebook and pull out the menu and shopping list-make a copy and go shopping-another thing I do the day after Thanksgiving is to journal our Thanksgiving day-telling what we had for the meal-who was there-was it a fun day or a wild day-etc-it is nice to look back the next year when you open your notebook to start preparing for the holiday-also think it will be nice for my children when I am not here to cook to be able to find all the recipes and information they need to have the kind of Thanksgiving they are use to-if they want to-

woman :turkey:

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Yes, it mostly is the same year after year. Every once in a while I like to add something new to try. Generally, though, we stick with the tried & true.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Great idea! I am hosting this year and I make all of the same dishes that my grandmother did...we're hosting my inlaws though, so I've told them what we're having and if they want something different (like a bread stuffing instead of sausage) then they are welcome to bring it to the feast! ;)