2023 - Christmas Countdown - Week 5 - Decorate Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Time to turn our attention to decorating for the fast-approaching holiday season.

This week, we'll discover secrets of frugal holiday decorating, take a quick decorations inventory, enjoy giving thanks with family and friends on Thanksgiving Day, and begin decorating for Christmas.

It's a busy week (and the holidays are here!) so let's decorate ... for a stress-free Christmas season!

To Do This Week

• Divide the Christmas card list into five groups. Write and address the fourth group this week.
  • Complete one-fourth of gifts to make this week.
  • Plan holiday decorating with a room-by-room holiday decor planner. Will you know what goes where ... next year?
  • Inspect and inventory decorations. Record results on a holiday decor inventory. Check light strands for cracked or broken bulbs. Add needed replacements to the master shopping list.
  • Does your family give children new ornaments each year? Preserve the memories along with the gift. Print an ornament journal to keep the gift alive!
  • Prepare for Thanksgiving dinner, baking desserts and salads ahead.
  • Give thanks on Thanksgiving Day!
  • Check in with family members at Thanksgiving celebrations. Ask for gift suggestions, and arrange to share or contribute to holiday meals.
  • Shop Black Friday sales. Use the"Black Friday" holiday sales planner to organize shopping trips.
  • Begin interior and exterior decorating.

To Buy This Week

• Continue Christmas gift shopping. Divide the master gift list into five sections. Purchase gifts for one-fifth of the list entries. Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Keep a running total of gift expenditures.
  • Purchase new holiday decor items

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am in a bit of a dither this year about decorating. Not sure when to do it or how much to put out. I hope to have it all done by the end of November if I decided to decorate which means I better have a plan in place one way or another.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Only thing left is the tree, the rest is all decorated. This week I will try to focus on cards for friends (family is done) and start the $$ cards for nieces and nephews.
Maybe next weekend a few desserts if I can.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I will change my fall decorations to Hanukkah when I get back from Syracuse.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
All the trees are done here. Friday fall will come down and I’ll finish decorating the house. Husband needs to do the outside but he is still sick. If that doesn’t get done I can live with that.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Almost all done... told my grandson Xavier he could help me with some items (he will be 4 in a few weeks), so I have a box of unbreakable ornaments waiting for him but all the rest is done and boxes put away.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have decided to decorate, will be doing it this weekend. Need to do a major cull while I am at it.