1/13-1/19 CM mini challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
CM- Celebrate Me!!

Every month there are a variety of National Wellness Awareness months/days. Many of our challenges will reflect these important Observances that will help us to honor our goal to "Celebrate Me".

January is National Cervical Health, Glaucoma and Thyroid Awareness Month. In thinking of these, it is important that we make sure we schedule appointments that we often push aside, avoid or many times do not think about until the offices are closed!.

Examples: Pap, Mammogram, Dentist, Physical (yearly or a nagging injury), Eye, counseling, fitness trainer, stress test, etc, etc.

Our challenge this week is to make a list of appointments you need to make (FOR YOURSELF!) and schedule at least 1 appointment. If you do not have any to make then think about making an "appointment" with yourself to do something you have been neglecting.

Please post here when you have done it. Mine is going to be to make a dentist appointment since this is long overdo and I need to find a new dentist- I will repost when I do it!!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
This one isn't as much fun as the last! :huh: Which I actually made time for! Thanks!
I have a teeth cleaning scheduled for next week, I have had a baseline mammogram done,but I need to schedule a pap- :frown: and get my cholesterol checked! Alright-I'll go call. :bang:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Even though it's not fun, it is important, I know. :huh: Thank you for posting this, Twinkle, because I've been putting off the gyno apointment for too long. After DS2.5 was born my doctor moved back to his home state and I don't particularly care for his partner who was taking his patients. I actually still need to find a new doctor. So, the first part of my challenge will be asking friends for a referral. I have a meeting at school later this morning and I WILL ask the ladies TODAY!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Great thread! I have fertility issues and Polycystic Ovaries. I had an ultrasound in December and have my appt on Tuesday to find out the results. I also have an appt. on Monday for a headache issue that I think is pretty much taken care of now. I found a new dentist since moving and have that appt. on Feb. 1st!! WOOHOO!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Momof4....I'm like you...I always put off those appointments...so I am making a list and checking it twice...this week....not really fun but an important part of nurturing ourselves....ummm....even though it isn't as much fun as a pedicure....LOL

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Earlier this week I was thinking to myself that I need to make appointments with the dentist, gyneocologist, etc. for the exact things mentioned. I will definately make the calls Monday. The end of this month I have an appointment with my dermatologist. Lately my skin has been so itchy and every now and then I get these whelps (sp?) that pop up when I scratch. I think my eczema may have spreaded. I only would get it on my hands when they'd get excessively dry.

MrsSoup said:
Great thread! I have fertility issues and Polycystic Ovaries. I had an ultrasound in December and have my appt on Tuesday to find out the results. I also have an appt. on Monday for a headache issue that I think is pretty much taken care of now. I found a new dentist since moving and have that appt. on Feb. 1st!! WOOHOO!!

Let me know what they say about your headache issue. I have been having them and my MRI came out alright and I see a neurologist on the 21st. I seem to have a doctor who doesn't like to prescribe meds...which I don't like meds myself but I want my energy back and less headaches!!! They tested me for PCOD (my little sister is PCOD) and I was given the all clear on everything!!! I just want some sort of answers already...lol

I have to make my dental appointment too...putting that on my Monday to do list!!!

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
I not only need to make appts. for myself but for DH. We just switched from DH health insurance to mine and we not only need to make appts. but to double check that they are in network. shouldn't be a problem-b/c its a bigger network. I like so many of you need to make an appt. for a pap. my problem is that i love my dr. but her nurses are friends of mine- not close friends- but friends. I went to this dr. before they started working there, and i just don't feel comfortable talking about some of the issues that i have. my employee does yearly labs for their employees and covers everything from cholesterol and bp to sugar and that fun stuff- i don't have any symptoms but there are things like heart disease that it us, especially women, after its too late. so it will be nice to have those numbers. also dh is tyring to quit smoking.....cold turkey.....i kept telling him that he didnt have to do it with no help- he thought that he could do it himself, but he is really struggling- will make him a phone call also!!! :cloudnine:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
christmascreations said:
MrsSoup said:

Let me know what they say about your headache issue. I have been having them and my MRI came out alright and I see a neurologist on the 21st. I seem to have a doctor who doesn't like to prescribe meds...which I don't like meds myself but I want my energy back and less headaches!!! They tested me for PCOD (my little sister is PCOD) and I was given the all clear on everything!!! I just want some sort of answers already...lol

I have to make my dental appointment too...putting that on my Monday to do list!!!

How frequent are your headaches? I was having migraines 3-4 times a week and it was awful. My doctor put me on a Beta-Blocker called Propranolol and I take it twice a day, everyday. It's a preventative instead of an abortive medication. The headaches have mostly disappeared and when I do get one it's easily taken care of with Tylenol, whereas before, Tylenol wouldn't touch it. I've had maybe 2-3 minor headaches since I started taking the medication the 10th of December.

Grannyloveschristmas

Retire Member
Jan 3, 2008
South East of UK
Thank You for this post Twinkle, i've just read through the posts and it's given me the nudge i need. I identify with your post mumof4, I was sent a letter end Oct(!) last year asking me to make an appt for a cervical smear, I didn't and totally put it out of my mind until i read this thread. I will be ringing first thing Mon a.m.

I will also ring new dentist and arrange a check-up. I have severe arthritis and can not lay back in the chair. Every six month check my current dentist asks me if i can lie back, when i say no (he does know i can't) always makes comments like - what about my back - cos he has to stand to look in my mouth. i got to the point where i just didn't want to go through this any more and so didn't make a current appt. Guess i'd put this out of mind too. Sorry to go on, anyway after seeing this it's New year, new start! :!:

Iluvsantasandsnowmen

Retire Member
Oct 27, 2007
In the state of confusion still...
where I work, and we are inviting a Thyroid Dr. to come and talk to everybody!! So I am going to go It will be interesting!!
Barbara :party:
I love these guys!

AmyBear

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
I am overdue to get my vision checked - I can tell that my contacts need to be updated. Thanks for the reminder!

[ ] Schedule eye doctor appointment

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I've just had a complete physical at the VA hospital, and I've been doing steady appointments with my dentist for cosmetic work. The only thing I need is an annual eye exam, and I've added it to my list of things to do this week.

Thanks for the reminder to take care of our health. If these issues were not controlled by the VA hospital I go to, I'd forget half of them for sure!